Bay Area Protestors Block And Vandalize Tech Buses

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by malligator, Dec 22, 2013.

1. sappanama

sappanama VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +103 / 7 / -4
    what good were they pushing for while smashing windows? and I think the perfectly reasonable reaction would be to work harder so you can afford the new rent.
    what I originally was referring to is the oxymoron of calling progressives progressive, when the only progress they seem to want is that which serves them. kind of like the dims being referred to as the open minded or inclusive party, which is also oxymoronic unless your ideals thoughts and words dovetail with the liberal/progressive talking points you are tarred and feathered!
    secondly I was trying to get you to explain the "progressive" roots in America from the 1600's since you a-brought it up, and b- I couldn't find a reference to such
  2. asuragator

asuragator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,724 / 52 / -21
    Meant late 19th century as a party. In any case, the political party still differs from the adjective. Progressives since the late 19th/early 20th century have emphasized social and economic justice given the negative consequences that accompanied rapid modernization and social change. It was movement that targeted both private sector and government reforms.

As for dems/libs/progressives, to claim that they must march in lockstep otherwise a person will be tarred and feathered is comically absurd. Perhaps you confused and are thinking of those pubs/conservatives who will label anyone a RINO that is a nosehair to the left of Atilla the Hun and who are more likely to seek ideological purity in a much more public and profound manner than anything the left could ever muster.
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
  3. HallGator

HallGator Administrator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,209 / 35 / -8
    Nothing wrong with protesting against what you don't like Smashing windows and slashing tires should wind them up in the jail.
  4. asuragator

asuragator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,724 / 52 / -21
    Very true. But when we look throughout history, protests often have some violence associated with them precisely because the issue provides an emotional catalyst strong enough to get people to go out and protest and if it can get people to do that, it will sometimes lead to people taking it too far, whether deliberately or those just being swept up by the emotions of the moment. Not saying I think it's right, only that it could be understood in this manner.