"Basketball Predicts" Post Draft NCAA tourney selections and seeds

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by InstiGATOR1, Jul 2, 2013.

1. InstiGATOR1

InstiGATOR1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +75
    Here is his top seeds:

and here is the link to the article and entire field:

http://ht.ly/mBFy1
  2. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,403
    NO Kentucky?

Hey...I'll take it!!!
  3. kygator

kygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +254
    They were listed as a 2 seed. He mentioned in the article that he gave Florida a slight edge over UK for the 1 seed based on experience.
  4. REM08

REM08 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +702
    I think UK gets a 1 seed, but I guess I wouldn't be blown away if it was a 2.

What I don't get are people like this writer who just can't picture anything happening for the first time. First it was no team could win a title depending heavily on freshmen. Well, until it happened I guess. Now it has shifted. Now its "Well you CAN win with freshmen, but you NEED returning talent that contributed heavily on a past team..." Well, that IS how it worked for UK's 2012 team. Does that mean its absolutely required? I don't think so.

This doesn't mean UK will, undoubtedly, be dominant next year. But I don't agree with the guys logic. It doesn't stand up.

Unfortunately, I think he underrates Louisville as well.
  5. RD_gator

RD_gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +184
    I agree with this article. I think Florida wins the SEC (again) and takes the #1 seed.
    However, it is possible that the SEC could get two #1 seeds but only if both teams have 3-4 losses or less.

One other thing, only three sec teams make the NCAAs? I would think LSU (having a strong front-court) can make it along with a few others (i.e, Missouri, Ole Miss, Alabama?, ?Vandy, Arkansas, etc.).
  6. RD_gator

RD_gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +184
    Interesting points from the article,

For the SEC to get two #1 seeds, I think that both Florida & Kentucky will have to do very well in non-conference play. To do so, UF will have to defeat all of the high profile teams on their slate (i.e, Kansas/Wiggins, UConn, Wisconsin, Memphis & FSU) and so will Kentucky need to do so (i.e, Michigan St, Louisville, North Carolina, Baylor, etc.). With Wilbekin's suspension, it could be more difficult for the Gators if Hill struggles at point guard. Similarly for the wildcats, it will be difficult for an all-freshman squad to defeat top veteran teams like the Spartans in November and Cardinals in December.

UK non-conference schedule
  7. themistocles

themistocles Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +459
    Obviously, now is a far better time to do such crazy projections than before NBA draft depletion has had it's effect.

Nonetheless, we really haven't much of a clue as to how well any team will play next year.

Heck, even 4 weeks into next year's conference schedules is far too early to make "quality" projections.