Bama @ UF: Softball

Discussion in 'Women of the Swamp' started by gatorr4life, Mar 23, 2014.

1. gatorr4life

gatorr4life Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,046
    #1 Florida Defeats #7 Alabama, 7-1, to Even Series!

(Game time set for 1:05)

It's free, no excuses, people. It was packed for the first two games, so get there early!!
  2. G2MGA

G2MGA Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +42
    I know better than to count this team out, but Traina sure seems to have our number.

3-0 Alabama through 4.
  3. apkgator

apkgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +576
    4-0 thru 4 1/2
    UF pitching has been erratic thru SEC play, you never know who will be on or off. Rogers got hit pretty hard today. Gators are digging a pretty deep SEC hole if they lose today, will be 3 behind Bama and possibly 4 behind UGA and UT
  4. apkgator

apkgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +576
    This one is all but over...really poor performance by UF in all phases
    Outhit by Bama 9-2 (plus 4 walks), committed 2 big errors, 7-0 score middle of 6th. UF does seem to have this type of bad streak most years....Coach Walton has typically been good at righting the ship
  5. GboroGator

GboroGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +325
    I'll reiterate what I said a couple of weeks ago. Gators don't have enough hitters to line up against quality pitchers. I know a bunch of people threw back at me the stats and batting averages of some of the players. Fine, but a lot of that was against bad competition in those early season tournaments. And we didn't let a lot of the subs playing time in those meaningless blowouts just to see if Walton could go with them in SEC play if others were struggling. How come a Martinez, Damico, or Little couldn't start a lot of those games against the likes of Radford and Ohio State? It is just going to be a struggle to score runs from here on out since we really have to string multiple hits together. Just don't have the # of power hitters like we've had in the past to get us a quick 2 or 3 spot in an inning.
  6. hoyt233

hoyt233 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +80
    I agree. If a team putts up early runs on us we will have trouble catching up.
  7. apkgator

apkgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +576
    Again, they are producing offensively at a comparable rate to previous years. Nobody is gonna score a lot of runs on the true elite pitching. Used to be people complained we lacked speed and relied on the long ball. I actually think we have a decent mix of speed and power now. And some of the players that were struggling actually performed well of late.
    My concern is UF's performance on the mound in SEC play. Just no consistency from any of the 3 pitchers. Can't keep giving up 7 runs
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. GatorLegend

GatorLegend VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +28
    This will come off as a very sexist post but here goes. After watching a few innings today it seemed to me that Florida has a bunch of pretty young ladies on their team with bows in their hair and heavy on the makeup. Bama on the other hand had no bows in their hair, no makeup on, (at least I hope they were wearing no makeup or Wow!) and that was a really tuff looking bunch of young ladies. Felt like I was watching a boys high school baseball team play a girls softball team. I know, has nothing to do with the outcome of the game, just a random observation.
  9. gatorr4life

Ratings Received:
    +1,046
    Yeah, that pretty much has nothing to do with anything. Just about every team, from rec ball to college, wears bows etc...

We usually do well against bama. I'm completely perplexed. I was bragging how we had the best bullpen in the country too.

I'll say this: Delanie is going to break records here. She is special. Stacey Nelson special, IMO.
  10. GatorLegend

GatorLegend VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +28
    The couple innings that I watched I was really disappointed to see our girls throwing the ball over, under and around the first baseman. Really poor fundamentals. We were behind 3-0 at the time and those two bad throws led to another 4 runs. I've got to agree with Apk, when you go up against a pitcher like Traina you can't give up 3 or 4 runs early on or the game is about over.
  11. phideltdj

phideltdj Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +259
    Isn't Traina from Naples? I wonder how we missed on her.
  12. gatorr4life

Ratings Received:
    +1,046
    Is it just me or has Traina been there for half a decade? Feels like it. I want Dunn back!
  13. GboroGator

GboroGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +325
    I guess because she and Rogers were in the same class. Though I thought Rogers was a late get.
  14. apkgator

apkgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +576
    Rogers was a late get, had been headed to FSU. My have just lost the recruiting battle on that one
  15. red4512

red4512 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +192
    These girls need to learn how to hit this *** **** Bama pitcher if they expect to go far in the Oklahoma City.
    They will see her again. At least its still early in the season.