Baldwin's bigotry. (He's Hollywood and not from the South). Sorry Paula.

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by ncbullgator, Jun 28, 2013.

1. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +332 / 20 / -7
    It could almost surely get made. If there is a market for something, it will get made. Non-PC comedy has a market and gets made all the time. See anything by Seth MacFarlane. Tons of religious, racial, and gay jokes.
  2. texigator

texigator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +124 / 3 / -1

And you call them out, even when being supremely hypocritical, as when you denigrate President Bush's military service even though you apparently never even thought it important enough to perform yourself and while overlooking the fact that you support the Biggest Chicken Hawk President in the History of the United States of America, Barack Hussein Obama, who, like yourself, never found it important enough to serve in the military.
  3. Lawdog88

Lawdog88 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,173 / 34 / -23
    Methinks Mr. Baldwin saw his money flashing before his face, and has dutifully repented of his politically correct heresy.

Carry on.
  4. northgagator

northgagator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +90 / 0 / -0
    I like the part when the new sheriff is seen off in the distance as he was approaching the town. One of the town's people was thought to of said, "The sheriff is near!".
    • Like Like x 1
  5. oldgator

oldgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +147 / 0 / -0
    though I did not serve in the military. I did work with our military in foreign countries and came under same fire our troops did. Unlike military I would have been killed if captured. Whereas military were sometimes killed or held captive. Enemies tend to treat civies serving alongside our enemies a lot worse than they treat our military.

Was there a major war going on when Obama was in college or the first few years after college? If not, I would hardly call him a chicken hawk.

Clinton, GWB were of draft age during Vietnam War and each of them found a way to dodge combat duty.

Chicken Hawk is a person who promotes war, makes himself out to be a hero but never saw combat....Obama never did such BS posturing, but GWB did.

Clint Eastwood and to a lesser extent Chuck Norris I would consider chicken hawks...They both served in military during time of war but never came near combat. But if you hear their rhetoric today you'd think both had charged up Heartbreak Ridge. sorry doing it in a movie like Clint did ain't the real thing.
  6. texigator

Ratings Received:
    +124 / 3 / -1
    oldgator, working as a civilian, even attached to a military unit, is not the same thing as making a COMMITTMENT to military service, where you agree to uphold the oath, follow orders, and go WHEREVER THEY CHOOSE TO SEND YOU. A civilian can op-out anytime they choose, unlike a soldier, sailor airman or marine.

And Obama is the epitome of a Chicken Hawk-sending many Americans to their deaths on the battlefield, talking tough, all the while he never had the balls to join the military and serve. I guess he was too busy "organizing" to be bothered with service.

And President Bush may have served in the Air National Guard, but he, at least, served, quite unlike you or your beloved Chicken Hawk President.

So I'll let it go now that you've finally responded, at least until you denigrate someone else's service again.
  7. Wormwood56

Wormwood56 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +274 / 79 / -16
    I can understand that.

Yes, to a degree, but it is a savvy political move to join the military, even for a tour, to enhance one's political viability. See Al Gore and John Kerry, both of whom planned for political careers long before they went into the service. GWB, OTOH, had ZERO intention of being a politician at the time. His father was a pissant congressman.

Clinton acticely finessed the draft rules, and then made a political statement when the coast was clear (his number was too high).. GWEB joined the Texas Air Guard, an honorable vocation, and flown the F-102 Delta Dagger, perhaps the most dangerous attack aircraft in the inventory at the time. He was NO chicken hawk, and I speak as an officer with 24 years of active service, not a civilian. Bill Clinton was a longtime sexual predator. To even compare him to GWB or anyone else is an insult to everyone else.

Nonsense. Utter nonsense. As a military officer, we all felt a far closer kinship to Bush than we possibly could to either Clinton (who we loathed) or Obama (who was just a civilian).

you are not only a moron, but vile. Both men served honorably. How dare you, a freaking civilian, call men who served "chicken hawks?" When you are in the arena, you may be called upon to die for your country. Both men did; you didn't.

Same with a lot of others who chose to wear Che t-shirts rather than serve their nation in her Armed Forces.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. anstro76

anstro76 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +688 / 7 / -1
    While I respect your viewpoint as a veteran, and I'll admit I've never served. I think with the information available about bush's pilot career, it really doesn't make him anymore qualified than most to send kids into harms way. Sr. on the other hand.

Sent from my mind using ESP
  9. oldgator

oldgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +147 / 0 / -0
    In the air Guard unit GWB was in---all aircraft of that unit, and pilots got certified to fly had all been taken off the list of planes for combat duty.

That unit was a shelter for rich mens' sons and the sons of politicians(Democrat as well as Republican).

Some folks are born to wave the flag,
    Ooh, they're red, white and blue.
    And when the band plays "Hail to the chief",
    Ooh, they point the cannon at you, Lord,

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no senator's son, son.
    It ain't me, it ain't me; I ain't no fortunate one, no,
    Yeah!

Some folks are born silver spoon in hand,
    Lord, don't they help themselves, oh.
    But when the taxman comes to the door,
    Lord, the house looks like a rummage sale, yes,

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no millionaire's son, no.
    It ain't me, it ain't me; I ain't no fortunate one, no.

Some folks inherit star spangled eyes,
    Ooh, they send you down to war, Lord,
    And when you ask them, "How much should we give?"
    Ooh, they only answer More! more! more! yoh,

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no military son, son.
    It ain't me, it ain't me; I ain't no fortunate one, one.
    It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no fortunate one, no no no,
    It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no fortunate son, no no no,

please look into the origin/inspiration/history of the above song by CCR--Fortunate Son

During the Vietnam War there was a ton of pulling of strings by wealthy folk and politicians to get their sons into units that had no chance of ever going into combat.

majority of those who serve in military are patriotic and committed to America,
    some in the military are not
    majority of Americans who don't serve in military are patriotic and committed to America,
    some are not.

From what I have seen there are dems/libs in each category mentioned above. And there are Republicans/conservatives in each category mentioned above.
  10. texigator

Ratings Received:
    +124 / 3 / -1

Like Wormwood56 said, you are a freakin' CIVILIAN and have absolutely NO ground to judge the service of others-combat or not-when you failed to serve.

You need to shut your big pie hole. You just make yourself look increasingly gutless and clueless when you keep running your mouth about something of which you chose not to be a part.

Only a lowlife would criticize ANYONE who served and wore the uniform. You can thank George W. Bush for protecting the freedom you so gleefully abuse.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. anstro76

Ratings Received:
    +688 / 7 / -1
    John Kerry agrees.

Sent from my mind using ESP
  12. rajinGator

rajinGator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +561 / 11 / -4
    "They're always coming and going and going and coming........and always too soooooooon"
  13. texigator

Ratings Received:
    +124 / 3 / -1

You mean the John Kerry who slandered his fellow vets with LIES about our Vietnam War service in his infamous "Winter Soldier" speech before Congress, when he claimed that most of us were war criminals and baby killers??? THAT John Kerry?

Unlike Kerry, who received 3 Purple Hearts and a Silver Star while magically not missing a single day of duty (and then got his ass out of there ASAP), I don't recall George W. Bush ever slandering his fellow vets nor exaggerating his contributions while in the service.
  14. Dreamliner

Dreamliner Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +448 / 36 / -11
    It ain't a liberal vs. conservative thing. Paula Deen is a a huge liberal
  15. anstro76

Ratings Received:
    +688 / 7 / -1
    well i'm just a lowly civilian and i was basically told i had no right to say anything about anyone who served in uniform so by answering your question i'd be breaking your protocol.
  16. DaveFla

DaveFla Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +552 / 22 / -2
    In more ways than one...
  17. icequeen

icequeen Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,560 / 5 / -1
    Yes. Yes they are.
  18. PSGator66

PSGator66 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +381 / 43 / -7
    Double standard as he is liberal democrat from the north east so he can trash whoever he wants and it will go mostly silent.
  19. Wormwood56

Ratings Received:
    +274 / 79 / -16
    Is that the best you got? Cribbing from John Fogarty? Bush served; Clinton did not. There is a WORLD of difference. Of course, I wouldn't expect you to understand it.
  20. Wormwood56

Ratings Received:
    +274 / 79 / -16
    Indeed. Deen simply LOVED to dish all over show about her love for Obama. Just what we need; political shilling on a freaking cooking show...