Backup wildcat?

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by gator07, Nov 30, 2013.

1. gator07

gator07 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +703
    I wonder why if the wildcat is going to be such a big part of your offense and such a big part of your gameplan, why wouldn't you prepare a backup for the position in case the starter gets hurt? I'm not sure exactly who but with 85 guys on the roster isn't there someone who could have been trained for this? Patton? Maybe one of the freshmen like Bailey or Lane?

Or how about our QB who is a glorified walk-on although he's had 2 years in this system? Doesn't seem like he was prepared much either to actually get any kind of serious playing time (at QB).

It seems like WM likes to pretend that injuries will never happen and when they do he gets to use them as an excuse. Injuries are going to happen and you have to be ready.

When I see LSU put in a freshmen QB in the fourth quarter and he can run the same offense and go 99 yards in about two minutes and throw a 50 yard TD pass to win an SEC game then it makes me wonder if we are getting what we are paying for in terms of coaching.