Article on CWM from The Florida Times-Union

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by ctresh, Aug 20, 2014.

1. ctresh

ctresh Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +663
    This article was just an overview of our team chemistry and mentioned some difficult tasks freshman deal with their first year. However, there is one excerpt in there where Muschamp mentions something that he calls beyond football." Here is the short paragraph:

“We have beyond football, something we do every Thursday in the offseason,” Muschamp said. “It addresses all issues you can imagine from addiction, to dealing with the opposite sex, writing a resume, balancing a bank account ... tying a tie.” Those types of pointers are often most helpful for younger players who may have never been taught those skills or learned those lessons off the field.

This paragraph makes me proud to be a Florida Gator. The fact that he takes time out of every single week to preach the importance of not only being a good football player, but being a good man, and teaching these kids something that they can actually use in life outside of football is outstanding. I really hope Muschamp and the Gators succeed this year on the field and he sticks around for a while because I really like him as a coach, and I think he can do great things for our program.

Here is the full article if you would like to read it:
    http://members.jacksonville.com/spo...y/will-muschamp-likes-floridas-team-chemistry
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. mdfgator

mdfgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,458
    I saw the interview that he said this, I liked it too. We need to be praying he works out here, good guy that will be here for a while and win the right way.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. bigtifosi

bigtifosi Member

Ratings Received:
    +52
    That type of "education" should be required for every athlete, not just football players. Far to many leave the athletic world that are not even close to ready to live in the real world.