Arkansas radio guy on how to beat the Lady Gators

Discussion in 'Women of the Swamp' started by bigDgator, Jan 9, 2014.

1. bigDgator

bigDgator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +50
    How can Arkansas come away with a win at Florida? Here are some keys to tonight's matchup.

• Jaterra Bonds. Jaterra Bonds. Jaterra Bonds. Hopefully, the repetition makes that stick. Plain and simple, she has to be contained. UF's leading scorer is the Gators. She's a Gainesville native, averaging 17 points a game, and makes them go. Bonds constantly attacks and gets to the free throw line, where she's shooting 81-percent this year. The senior has singlehandedly put up 10 or more attempts from the charity stripe in a game five times this season. Arkansas has accomplished that feat three times COMBINED.
    • Play to Arkansas' pace. When you look at Florida's roster, you see eight players that see time. Intuitively, you might think, "OK, all the Hogs need to do is run and they'll totally wear them out." However, that's just how the Gators want to play. I watched them run with Kentucky all game and UF never wore down. The Razorbacks need to change speeds and execute some solid halfcourt offense to create good shots. By no means is running the answer tonight.
    • Start to knock down the three again. The Hogs received a significant boost in the non-conference from their outside shooting. McKenzie Adams alone made half of her threes before SEC play started. In the previous two games, Arkansas has shot 26-percent from deep. That number will have to rise if the Razorbacks want to make noise in the SEC.

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/V...677&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=209362541&DB_OEM_ID=6100

I posted before I was finished. I also wanted to say I love the comment about not wearing down. I like the direction AB has the W. Hoops program going and hope she can continue it.
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  2. BengermanV

BengermanV Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +879
    Used to hoop with Jaterra a lot in high school. Great basketball player, and a really nice person to be around.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. 08gatorbait

08gatorbait Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +968
    I try to watch woman's sports..I really do..but outside of soccer and volleyball I just can't do it. Go Gators!!! If they make it in the tourney I'll watch them just can't really watch outside of that. Makes me feel like a sexist, but it's just kind of boring ;/.
  4. swampgas44

swampgas44 Member

Ratings Received:
    +49
    Have you watched the Gator softball team lately? My favorite Lady Gator team to watch. Also love the volleyball and lacrosse teams.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. GatorLurker

GatorLurker Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +476
    I have a friend who's niece recently got a scholarship to play beach volleyball at the other USC (the one in LA). He told me that women's beach volleyball is one of the highest attendance sports out in California.
  6. bigtifosi

bigtifosi Member

Ratings Received:
    +52
    Any sport that features female athletes in tight or skimpy uniforms is OK by me. Sweaty coeds just bring out the dirty old man in me!
  7. Singaporegator

Singaporegator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +220
    Well, Duh.....
  8. enviroGator

enviroGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +358
    I have to admit I've watched more WBB this year than ever before, and it is only like 3 games. :)

But from what I have seen this year, it has advanced a lot since the 90s, which was probably the last time I watched much. There is a lot more passing and skill than what I remember before where it seemed for the most part which ever woman got the ball drove the court and tried to lay it up.

The games I've watched this year were entertaining. Other than the lack of dunks, it isn't much different than a men's game.
  9. bigtifosi

bigtifosi Member

Ratings Received:
    +52
    I watch less men's BB due to the dunks and such. Pure basketball skill has disappeared from the men's game in favor of flash and dunks.