Are you sure its bad playcalling?

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by gatormater, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Gator40

Gator40 Avada Kedavra

Ratings Received:
    +145
    That was not less than a yard. It was a full yard and a few inches. And with JD under center, its 2 yards when he gets the ball. Also, Miami had 5 guys bunched right over center. It was a fail from the beginning.
  2. 95Gator

95Gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,508
    It's not though. We executed well with the exception of five or six boneheaded calls and/or mental callee in the pocket. Need to work on pocket presence or call around this obvious problem. He's scared of his own shadow in the pocket and when he's not scared,his shadow tackles him.

If you pick five plays away and you have a blowout where nobody is talking about anything here. Five plays does not equal lack of execution.

Also, I'll never get over going for two to not tie with pat. That was fantastical.
  3. njgator11

njgator11 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +158
    I actually think the play calling was pretty good. We moved the ball up and down the field, with a makeshift line. we just made mistakes inside the 20.
    One big issue is our inability to change a call at the line. I'm watching Mich vs ND, both qb;s have made a number of successful adjustments at the line. we seem never to do that. I don't know if that is the qb or our coaching staff not allowing for that. It is important to be able to read a defense and make adjustments. an example is the 4th and inches we didn't make. looking at the defense, we could have audibled out of the play becasue the defense was full out for a sneak. other than being more flexible based on the d, I feel our offensive gameplan was fine. I do think we were wearing them down and running was part of the plan.
  4. ArtVandelay

ArtVandelay Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +379
    It was 3rd and 2 and that was the one play that really bothered me. I like the idea, but not for that circumstance. Should have done that on some of the 2nd and 2 or 1st and 10.

Play calling was so so, but we didn't execute.

Just needed to make 1 play. We had about 7 or 8 chances and couldn't come up with 1 play!
  5. ThePlayer

ThePlayer Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,701
    You must be joking.
    I don't see how we're beating ANY team by 21 this year...even Georgia Southern.
  6. charlegator2

charlegator2 Member

Ratings Received:
    +17
    Here is a theory. The "vanilla offense" that everyone laments is a product of a QB who has a habit of turning the ball over and making bad decisions when given too many pass plays, allowed to make audibles, or otherwise asked to execute complex plays.
  7. OB1

OB1 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +37
    Your theory isn't supported by the QB's stats last year, he protected the ball very well, this year not so much! Hopefully it's a trend that ends quickly, but last years turnovers we few and far in between. UGA game accounted for almost half of them!

It's Great to be a Florida Gator!
  8. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +893
    After today I just don't believe Pease is that good an OC. He has enough to work with, just hasn't put it together. Was a terrible performance today. Even without the player mistakes it still is not that capable a scheme.