1. Gator Country Black Friday special!

Stay on top of the football coach search with the Insider Authority on Gator Sports with a special discount!

Now's a great time to join or renew and get up to $20 off your annual subscription! LIMITED QUANTITIES -- for details click here.

Are you looking for the perfect workout music?

Discussion in 'Gator Country Health and Fitness' started by deviation, May 15, 2012.

1. deviation

deviation Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +3
    Look no further than Rob Bailey and the Hustle Standard - http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/battle-tested-ep/id522962104?ls=1

Always loved Rob's work hustle kill but he nailed it out of the park in these tracks. Just put me through an awesome shoulder/abs workout. Tomorrow is chest at 5 am, looking forward to getting jacked up again.
  2. Zendra

Zendra New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1
    It is always great to workout with some music on. But it would be good to have a mixture of something fast and upbeat, as well some slow tunes as well. What do you think? Any suggestions?
  3. GatoRella

GatoRella Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +242
    RATM for me.
  4. LeafUF

LeafUF Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +364
    This is what I do. My playlist ranges from punk and really uptempo techno to more chill stuff like the Grateful Dead or Phish.
  5. deviation

deviation Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +3
    Mine ranges from Rob Bailey to 7 nation army remix to rise against to the script. Also have some Skillrex and dub step stuff.

I need Rob Bailey to get me awake for my 5 am workouts though. lol I did finally get up 100 lb dbs on incline bench press for 7 reps. Having the right music does wonders.
  6. Emmitto

Emmitto VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +826
    That's pretty beastly. I'm pretty sure I wrecked my rotator cuffs (finished them off anyway) with heavy (for me) db presses. Had them both scoped. Be careful out there. (Hill Street Blues shout out!)
  7. LeafUF

LeafUF Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +364
    Lots of people seem to wreck their shoulders. I had surgery on my labrum like 4 years ago now and though it took a while and still gets kinda achy at times I am back to lifting heavy.

Did 155x4 on standing military press today and recently benched 245x3 which is only a few reps off my personal best.
  8. Emmitto

Emmitto VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +826
    That's strong! My shoulder issues were likely a culmination of lots of sports, less than ideal form, and over-zealousness. So my fault. I couldn't resist using the triple digit dumbbells, even if it meant getting out of control. I had three bone spurs removed from each shoulder too. I have to say they're great now, but I avoid the big db's now, just to be safe. I'll still use 80's, but I don't dare even go to 90's, because the next obvious step is back to the danger zone, for me.

I'm also older and weigh about 20 pounds less. So that triple digit db "problem" may be solved for me anyway, involuntarily.
  9. LeafUF

LeafUF Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +364
    Pound for pound you might even be stronger than before. I know I am, when I hurt my shoulder I was hovering around 200 and now I bounce between 175 and 185 pretty much.
  10. Zendra

Zendra New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1
    Cool. Hmmm I like that idea. Yeah, I think I'll come up with a similar set too. Thanks!
  11. LeafUF

LeafUF Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +364
    Bands on my gym playlist

Dispatch
    Grateful dead
    Kansas
    Less than Jake
    Rancid
    Johnny cash
    Dropkick Murphy's
    Green day
    Acdc
    bright eyes
    Airborne toxic event
    H2o
    Miike snow
    Pennywise
    Tom petty
    Nofx
    tv on the radio
    Thievery corporation
    Lil Wayne
    The ramones
    Swedish house Mafia
    Skrillex
    Avicii
    Arcade fire
    Childish gambino
    Florence and the machine
    Neon trees
    Fun.
    Flaming lips
  12. ATL_Gator

ATL_Gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,412
    Mine is all over the place. Slacker and/or Pandora streaming on the phone is your friend :)

Sometimes I just listen to the radio in the gym, they pretty much play mainstream classic rock, which is fine by me. Plus the weight room isn't all that busy when I go.

IF I happen to be busy at lunch time and end up in the gym in the afternoon, headphones with my own music is an absolute MUST. For no other reason than to drown out all the BS'n that goes on around you.
  13. Dreamliner

Dreamliner Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,762
    I know this puts me in a minority but I prefer Zen-like silence. I think it's funny (bizarre even) that some of the leading lights in my industry post instructional youtubes with "Baby gone cap yo ath!" type music blaring in the background. WTF ?
  14. Dreamliner

Dreamliner Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,762
    Noted strength coach in foreground: "When performing this movement think about drawing your shoulders down and back."

Music in background: "I'm gone fu** you, bit**!"
  15. LeafUF

LeafUF Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +364
    Dream thats hilarious, maybe I'm numb to the music but I haven't noticed that yet. At least not on an instructional video.
  16. DSRrg

DSRrg Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +248
    The ideal setting for a great workout is something that depicts a dungeon. Music is paramount for that to happen. For me personally the ideal music is Iron Maiden and old Metallica. My favorite songs to workout to are "Hallowed be thy name", "Ghost of the Navigator", "Number of the Beast", "The Trooper", and most all other songs by Maiden. They get me in the mood to hit some pig.