Are you fatter than you think?

Discussion in 'Gator Country Health and Fitness' started by ThomasGoldkamp, Apr 19, 2012.

1. StrangeGator

StrangeGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +595 / 32 / -7
    I think I might need to ease off on the intensity of my workouts and increase the duration of my cardio circuits. Haven't lifted since Monday. Went to the dojo Tuesday night and I'm still a little sore in my hips, glutes and quads. Might just focus on upper body and abs today.

Got Sox tickets for my son and I tomorrow night, so I'll be skipping Aikido. Hopefully I'll be rested enough on Saturday to do a heavy lifting session. It's often hard to get a good squat or dead lift workout the day after Aikido because my back is so sore. I don't even go that heavy.
  2. Dreamliner

Dreamliner Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +449 / 36 / -11
    Increasing duration of cardio is an option so long as you decrease intensity.

But bear in mind that, for many, cardio increases hunger. Hunger = more calories consumed.

I'd like to think that you can find a sweet spot for your training.
  3. StrangeGator

StrangeGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +595 / 32 / -7
    You're probably right. You helped me when I had the time management issues and I got everything compressed into three workout days and had several months of success. Now I have a surplus of time and a gym right up the street, plus some new goals to work with. After I work through this plateau, I think I'll work the nutrition side of the equation.
  4. ATL_Gator

ATL_Gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,402 / 0 / -0
    Just pulling a post from before. Weighed in today, after a Memorial Day weekend vacation to Pigeon Forge, TN and my son's end of season party last night.

191.25 :joecool:

Not only did weight go down, but here is the list of stuff over the long weekend and last night.

Friday: 1 chocolate and sprinkle donut, Cracker Barrel (Steak salad with a ranch based dressing), Restaurant BBQ (ribs, pulled pork, chicken, slaw, beans)

Saturday: 2 glazed donuts, Catfish Restaurant (grilled trout, navy beans, slaw, mashed potatoes, 1 hush puppy), family cookout (2 decent sized rib-eyes, corn, beans)

Sunday, which was by far the worst: family breakfast (3 egg omlette with bacon, sausage, steak, onion, green pepper, spinach, cheese... plus nibbling sausage, steak and bacon while I cooked), Brick oven pizza joint (covered about 2/3 of a 14" pepperoni pie), another BBQ restaurant (ribs, pulled pork, chicken, beans, slaw, and 1/2 of my son's burger). Chased with a Dr. Pepper and ice cream when we got back to the cabin.

Monday: behaved.

Tuesday: behaved until dinner time. 4 large slices of pepperoni pizza (slightly more than 1/2 of a pie) and a decent slice of cake.

-----

Effective calorie management over the other 7 days plus a BUNCH of activity... for the win.
  5. Dreamliner

Dreamliner Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +449 / 36 / -11
    That's getting it done Dreamliner style! I always do better on junk food. I polished off two, count 'em: TWO double-decker PB&J sammiches yesterday.