Are we making a mistake on Sean White?

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by HudsonGator, Jul 5, 2013.

1. HudsonGator

HudsonGator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +7
    I have stated my opinion on this issue numerous times, I think taking a second QB in this class is the smart move given the lack of quality depth at the position. I simply posed the question about White, I don't care if he is the second QB or it is someone else.

If (and I emphasize the word "if"), what you say is true about Grier's father, I am skeptical about any player dictating to a school how many other players at a particular position it should take. No recruit, no matter how heralded, is bigger than the program.
  2. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    I dont think it has anything to do with being bigger than the program it is about opportunity and what is best for that player. QB's realize there is going to be competition at every school but they dont want it in their own class. This is not just Grier but the majority of QB's coming out of high school. It is the one position where two people cant be on the field at the same time.

One of the reasons UGA's QB chose UGA over Bama was because at the time they were telling him they wanted to to two QB's.
  3. HudsonGator

HudsonGator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +7
    If that is true, it ignores reality, Florida may sign the number 1 QB in the Country in 2015, and thus there is no guarantee of playing time when JD leaves. There is competition every year, and the best players play, regardless of how many other kids at your position sign in a given year in your class.

JD never wavered even after Cheesebuger fell in love Jacoby Brissett. I respect that kind of player.
  4. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    They understand that there will be good players in front and behind them they just like to be the only QB in their class.

I am pretty sure Muschamp told Charlie to go get another QB after he saw what was on campus. Wasnt Jeff already on campus when we got the commit from Brissett?
  5. jhenderson251

jhenderson251 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +647
    There's something about birds and hands that seems to come to mind, but I can't remember exactly what...
  6. PSGator66

PSGator66 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +925
    The Flying Tomato?
  7. your_perfect_enemy

your_perfect_enemy Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,572
    With the limited number of scholarships this year, why would we even want a second QB? If we took 2 this year that means we would have Driskel, Grier, Starver, Morningweg (sp?), Murphy and whoever else we took this year. That'd be 6 of our 85 ships (probably 82-83 by the time fall rolled around) as qbs.
  8. HudsonGator

HudsonGator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +7
    Because I believe that barring an injury to JD, neither Starver, Morningweg (sp?), nor Murphy will ever play a meaningful snap at QB.
  9. Nicho

Nicho Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,021
  10. Tasselhoff

Tasselhoff Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +448
    Besides...recruiting is the ONLY time a player has any power. If grier wants to use that power to better his situation....so be it. The university will certainly use their position of power over him for the next four years to better its position.