Are some things just part of a team's DNA?

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by Spurffelbow833, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Spurffelbow833

Spurffelbow833 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,253
    Getting lucky breaks and lightning strikes at the end of games seems to be part of Auburn's makeup. I'm glad to see it isn't just against us like in 1989, 1993, 2001, and 2006.

Historically, we are not a good come-from-behind team, regardless of the coach or the offense he uses, and I don't remember in the entire history of the program two lightning strikes like Auburn has gotten in the past two weeks. Yes, the TD against Bama was a lucky break because it was Nick Saban's first brain fart since 2007, putting nobody on the field capable of catching Chris Davis. Plus the whole thing was set up BECAUSE Bama got its way and got another play to kick the field goal. The cock block in '06 was not a lucky break. We MADE that happen to preserve a win. That's just the play you have to make to win the game, and Jarvis Moss did it.
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  2. 08gatorbait

08gatorbait Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +966
    I think Gus went to a voodoo witch doctor. He traded something for the magic he has produced this season so that Texas gave him a contract offer. In return, he had to take voodoo dolls, and inflict pain on them a few times a week. Gus obviously took the deal, not knowing the people of which the voodoo dolls were images of. They were of the Gators, Gus and his magic dolls are the real reason for our injuries. What Gus didn't know, was this doctor knows the owner of the dolls shall die in exactly a year. Turns out, the Voodoo doctor was Jimbo Fisher; who studied voodoo at FSU(hear it's one of their top career paths). He is all but assured the Texas job he is using that school out west stepping stone for, since it is now thought Saban can't handle late game situations because of the "gift" to Gus.

The Gator injuries were a plot by Jimbo to get the Texas job. Eot
  3. ajjaxgator

ajjaxgator Member

Ratings Received:
    +90
    2001 was a we missed a fg, they hit the game winner? 2006, Was that the Sanders TD in front of M. Gilmore (who looked like he was standing in a hole)?
  4. gatorfan96

gatorfan96 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +179
    Sanders TD was in 1994, not 2006. I was sitting in the end zone where it happened and I agree that Gilmore looked like he was stuck in a hole.
  5. Spurffelbow833

Spurffelbow833 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,253
    We didn't have a prayer of stopping that play, or any other play on Auburn's winning drive. Bob Pruett's defense flat out stunk. Wait till they catch the ball, then tackle them. Then Stoops came in here and made headhunters out of some of the same guys who looked lost during that awful two year stretch of '93 and '94, when Spurrier was 0-4-1 against the Sith and undefeated against everybody else.