Apparently one rep didn't get the memo not to make crazy statements about rape

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by oragator1, Jun 17, 2013.

1. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,177
    I honestly think the dems are happy when these statements are made, no matter how bad they are this always looks worse.
    But the fact that someone would go this route after the Akin debacle is mind boggling.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...an-rate-of-pregnancies-from-rape-is-very-low/
  2. GatorBen

GatorBen Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,451
    It's also a fairly dumb basis for arguing against the amendment. Even if it were true that there are not many pregnancies resulting from rape, why would that fact make it appropriate for the ones that do to be required to carry to term?

(I understand that there are other arguments advanced as to why a rape exception shouldn't be provided, but I don't see why the number of rape pregnancies would make one any more or less appropriate.)
  3. gatorman_07732

gatorman_07732 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,175
    He should have just let it go, the over whelming number of cases probably don't go near 20 weeks. That is quite a long time.
  4. JerseyGator01

JerseyGator01 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +781
    I thought this thread was about the WI Dem who compared Gov Walker to the Taliban when Pubs in the State chamber there were debating an abortion/ultrasound bill introduced by a female legislator. It is really quite hysterical to listen to Dems call ultrasound a right-wing trap. Dems just love to dumb things down when it comes to abortion ("war on women", "blob of tissue", abortion equals flu shot etc.). Gotta love the so-called party of science.

CORRUPTION RULES!!!!!
  5. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,861