AP fact checks prez

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by g8orbill, Jul 20, 2013.

1. g8orbill

g8orbill Gators VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +7,761
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/07/19/ap-fact-check-obama-spins-exaggerates-benefit-of-health-care-law/

from the article:

WASHINGTON (AP) — Another year, another round of exaggeration from President Barack Obama and his administration about health insurance rebates.

In his speech defending his health care law Thursday, Obama said rebates averaging $100 are coming from insurance companies to 8.5 million Americans. In fact, most of the money is going straight to employers who provide health insurance, not to their workers, who benefit indirectly.

Obama danced around that reality in remarks that also blamed problems in establishing affordable insurance markets on political opponents, glossing over complex obstacles also faced in states that support the law.
  2. MastaG8r

MastaG8r New Member

Ratings Received:
    +44
    Which of our friends on the Left will be the first to dismiss the article because it appears on "The Blaze," ignoring that its a syndicated Associated Press piece...even after seeing this message saying so? Hmm.
  3. GatorFanCF

GatorFanCF Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +603
    At some point the MSM will likely turn on the President. He's had his 6 years or so to speak and "speech" his way around every issue - typically, once the President is a serious lame duck the vultures come out to feast.
  4. GatorRade

GatorRade Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +569
    But what I want to know is who will fact check the fact checkers?
  5. FlyingGatorII

FlyingGatorII Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +453
    The same people who snope checks snopes?
  6. gatordowneast

gatordowneast Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +985
    I think Regime "butt sniffers" have lefty libbie bloggers snoping the snope checkers if they do not like their findings.
  7. GatorNorth

GatorNorth Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +582
    I think the opposite happens. For PC reasons, it's too painful for the MSM to admit that Obama has largely been a failure so rather than turning on him at some point i think they just ignore him when election season starts. He really just doesn't do anything newsworthy other than fundraisers anyway and would rather play Lead The Followers instead of Follow The Leader

I actually lost most of my remaining respect for him yesterday. We are still mired in a virtual jobless recovery. The country is broke. His administration is mired in scandal after scandal. His signature legislation is in shambles. And he decides to give a speech on race. Not that race isn't important but in 6 years has he made an impromptu presentation about any of the serious issues facing this country, its national security, solvency or integrity? But he wades head first into a Latin on black crime? Why? The system worked but the prosecution failed because they had no evidence and they overcharged.

I'm relatively liberal and I found it insulting that this would be his priority. That's probably 17 more minutes an he has spent with John Boehner in 6 months even trying to govern America. Good riddance already.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. gatordowneast

gatordowneast Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +985
    I agree with North. MSM is waaaaaaaaaay too invested in this POS. To turn on him would admit what we all know...they did not do their due diligence. They do not call him out on anything. He could murder Biden and they would call it a mercy killing.
  9. rivergator

rivergator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,448
    It's obviously an AP piece. They've factchecked him before and will do again. And they find exaggerations, misrepresentations etc. Happens with every president and will continue too, also.
    Factcheck.org also found exaggerations in the speech:

link
  10. GatorNorth

GatorNorth Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +582
    Guess there's a first time for everything..........