Anyone else think Anthony Davis is about to become scarey good?

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by UFreak, Nov 8, 2013.

1. madgator

madgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +661

I never said he would be a bust.....guarantee you that. I know that because I never had the opinion he would be a bust. I said that he would be a disappointment in that he would not be an instant all-star (as many here were saying he would be), would not win rookie of the year, would struggle as a rookie as his game and physical strength could not meet the demands.

That's exactly what I said....
  2. UFreak

UFreak Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,129
    I guess it wasn't you. But I definitely remember someone saying bust and saying emphatically that he would not make it in the NBA. I can't remember who it was, but I went back and forth with the poster saying he or she was out of their mind.
  3. bakaduin

bakaduin Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +829
    I didn't say it emphatically but I did make a post that I thought he would be a bust. I said I thought he'd be a great defensive player but because of his beanpole physique be completely ineffective on the offensive side of the glass. That he was at best a Tyson Chandler player (which for a 1st overall pick wasn't great). I thought MKG would be a better overall player.

Crow ingested. He is a superstar in the making.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. BLING

BLING Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +177
    Isn't Madgator the "Erving Walker stole my girlfriend" guy? :shhh:

It probably was him. He just won't admit he's wrong. Ever. There were other topics from that same poster that were equally insane.

Apologies if I'm confusing him with someone else, but I don't think so.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. GatorsGators

GatorsGators Member

Ratings Received:
    +25
    George is putting up damn good numbers so far this season... An extremely efficient 25 points, 8 rebounds, and 4 assists.
  6. gottapanda

gottapanda Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +165
    Yeah George is absolutely tearing it up right now. He's playing as well as anybody in the league thus far.
  7. gottapanda

gottapanda Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +165
    His NBA career has lasted far too long in my opinion. Oh wait...Joe Crawford, not Joey Crawford.
  8. hoopstar

hoopstar Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +268
    Agree with you on this one GatorPlanet.

''About to become'' doesn't apply here. He was this way a long time ago. We should still be watching him play against our Gator boys in Gainesville as he should only be a Jr this season in college!! Rare talent.
  9. madgator

madgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +661

I never said that he would not make it.....I said that I wasn't convinced of sure fire superstar and that he would take a few years to develop because he was physically weak. That if Patric Young played well against him, what would NBA guys do.

I did say that I liked MKG's long term potential better.....as of today, I'm looking wrong there, but there's still lots of time ahead on that one.

What I can't figure out is why is my opinion assigned to me? And why are those falsely assigned opinions brought back about 2 years after the original statement?

I can think of plenty of ridiculous comments by others...."Kasey Hill is essentially Erving Walker as a drive and dish point guard, but not as good" for a quick example. That kind of incorrect simpleton analysis doesn't get ponied around after the fact.
  10. BEH

BEH Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +41
    Madgator, I am on your side in this and I don't remember it being you attacking Davis. Davis is painfully skinny and anyone would think he would get kicked around in the NBA. Hell I said the same thing about Noah ever after his third year in college. Some lanky men are strong and can take a great deal. Noah asks no quarter and gives none and has been effective in the NBA. Apparently Davis is going to be able to do the same.