Any websites that teach you workouts?

Discussion in 'Gator Country Health and Fitness' started by chrisleakfan4life, Feb 24, 2012.

1. chrisleakfan4life

chrisleakfan4life Gator Highlights

Ratings Received:
    +17
    Anybody know any good websites that teach or show you different things you can do at the gym?

Just looking for some new ways to work.

Sent from my iPhone using GatorCountry
  2. LeafUF

LeafUF Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +338
    Are you looking for routines or exercises? There are plenty of good resources online.

I like the exercise guide here but not any of their routines. Just pick a muscle and learn about different exercises.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/
  3. Dreamliner

Dreamliner Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +800
    You're on a website that teaches you workouts. Do a push, a pull and a compound lower body movement. :wink:
  4. BossaGator

BossaGator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +379
    crossfit has some good stuff as well, even if you don't do crossfit. E.g. their lift demonstration videos are good, especially if you are into Oly lifting or Oly lift conjugate exercises (snatch balance, power clean, overhead squat, etc.). Look for the ones starring Sage Burgener (little girl whose dad Mike, a well-known oly lifting coach, narrates).

If you're looking for variety they also post workouts of the day ("WODs") and in the FAQs section they descrobe their "benchmark" workouts, consisting of the "girls" and the "heroes." I don't use crossfit as a strict fitness methodology, but do frequently use their workouts to switch things up, provide a challenge, etc.

http://www.crossfit.com

as with anything, be very careful you know what you're doing on some of those movements (especially the Oly lifts) or you have a high risk of injury. In fact, for things like Oly lifts in particular, I wouldn't advise anyone to try to learn them without instruction. Others are pretty self explanatory.
  5. oI2ange

oI2ange Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +107
    starting strength :)
  6. LeafUF

LeafUF Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +338
    Buying a good book would probably be the best investment. They just released a new volume also I believe.
  7. tarponator1

tarponator1 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +122
    There are some really great apps that have short videos of the exercises. That way you can take your phone in the gym and pull up a body part and decide on your exercises. I usually rotate between pushing/pulling days, functional cardio days(stairs, sledge hammers, sleds, etc) and heavy days.
  8. keester391

keester391 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    Oneresult.com is great!
  9. deviation

deviation Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +3
    Crossfit.com and bodybuilding.com

bodybuilding.com will give you nutrition and workout videos though.

You really can learn a lot from guys like Kai Green, Hanni Rambod and Phil Heath. I know i have. Espcially from Green.
  10. deviation

deviation Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +3

Haha, too late for me. I've been practicing the overhead squat for awhile now as part of my once a week crossfit routine. It's been tough but i think i'm getting better at it.
    Now that i'm done bulking for awhile, crossfit has been a great addition to my cutting routine.
  11. wesstump

wesstump VIP Member Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +18
    Maybe you should try P90X. I have it and it's tough. I can't do the knees (really bad) but I can keep up with the upper body. I'm soon to be 70 and I still go to the gym 3 days a week. I can't do on the bench what I used to do (475) but doing ok with a 330 bench. If you haven't heard of it, most larger towns have a senior olympics. You can go to google etc and type in Florida senior games or Florida senior olympics. It's not just power lifting. There's many sports you can compete in. You have to be at least 50 years old and drug free.
    I've competed in Jax and tally crappy. I also competed in the state meet. Lots of fun! Also. you're competing in age groups so you don't have to go up against someone much younger. For those of you from Jacksonville....the games are in Oct. You can call Mary at 904-630-3690. If you have a favoite sport, there's a good chance they have it. Note: Gainesville senior olympics doesn't have power lifting. Maybe someone could try to get them to make that one of the sports in their games.
  12. wllmferg

wllmferg New Member

Ratings Received:
    +7
    Go to You tube and check out my friend Marco Reed. Just do a search. He has many great videos of varying lengths and disciplines.