Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Any Results From The O & B Game Yet?

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by The_RH_Factor, Apr 13, 2024.

1. KronoGator

KronoGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Special teams will take care of itself, it's just kicking and stuff :cool:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  2. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Didn't Napier hire a special teams analyst? This means that every time a stupid mistake is made, it will be analyzed. Sort of like an after-action report. There will be a whole filing cabinet used for these reports.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I would assume down low below the OL....if that's the OL helmet then his head is way left of where it would be on most humans

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. gatorstrackman

gatorstrackman GC Legend

Nov 24, 2021
    We lined up 8 one time. Has that ever been done before by any tea m in the modern era?

5. GatorBowl1969

GatorBowl1969 Junior

Jul 4, 2011
    Two observations that stood out to me watching the game in person: 1) I did not see a plethora of missed tackles - YAY 2) The entire game felt like an advertisement for Florida Victorious - not that there's anything wrong with that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. benton_quest

benton_quest Freshman

Nov 7, 2023
    And perish he will, death certificate will read 'Pure Stubbornness' as cause of death.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 6
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. gatorpjb

gatorpjb Senior

Jan 1, 2021
    Lithia, Florida
    I didn’t need to zoom in, I was at the game, there were only 10 on defense, and later on the game deciding FG they had to rush the 11th man (on offense) in at the last second because they only had 10 on the field.
    Nobody should have to make a narrative, but yet you did what you accused others of.
    Just say what it was… a typical spring game, sloppy at times, sometimes disjointed, but overall one filled with quite a few promising performances… with enough time to correct mistakes, but let’s be honest eventually some mistakes need to stop repeating themselves.
    It was, and is a valid concern even if presented in a somewhat negative way. I’m still hopeful Napier gets it corrected.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. spike718

spike718 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    playing devils advocate, Georgia doesn’t have a special teams coach either and they do just fine. (They have an off field analyst handle special teams, just like Uf. However, apparently their analyst or set up is more competent).

• Like Like x 1
  9. gatorpjb

gatorpjb Senior

Jan 1, 2021
    Lithia, Florida
    Just my personal observation, but if Florida Victorious was looking to expand their base… the after the game event did not accomplish it. It was totally disorganized and quite frankly extremely disappointing. Many fans left without authographs from Lagway and Mertz after waiting in line for an hour.
    Even in a paid event I understand that can happen, but staff was letting people cut lines and in some cases taking items from people well back in the line directly to the players for signatures. That’s not the way to run an event when you desire more support.
    My grandson’s and I were told they were cutting it off while in the roped off area. Fortunately they are 13 and 16 and weren’t terribly upset over it, but the man in front of us had to tell his two very young children they were out of luck… it would been a lot easier to explain if he had not seen more than enough cut the line or be given preferential treatment by staff to allow his children to get their autographs.
    Bottom line is that Florida Victorious needs to make their mea culpas and determine to do better next time… because it was a great opportunity to garner more support, and in my opinion they blew it.

• Informative Informative x 4
  10. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    I'm not worried about a spring game. Too much switching jerseys and newbies to not have a hiccup or two. If this continues into the regular season when they have an established set of special teams players, then I'll get concerned.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. TJtheGator

TJtheGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    This isn’t the only problem that plagues Billy, just like arrests aren’t the only problem that plagues Kirby.

But as Lombardi said, you are what your record says you are. Kirby gets the benefit of the doubt for such a decision. Billy gets analyzed with a more powerful microscope for his.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Endless Excuses

Endless Excuses GC Hall of Fame

Jan 13, 2010
    Swampville
    Yep...in rowing they line up 8 unless of course you count the Coxswain.... Not sure if your allowed to roll out two athletes with the same number though.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Endless Excuses

Endless Excuses GC Hall of Fame

Jan 13, 2010
    Swampville
    Let me know when we finally block a kick or a punt (assuming we dont block our own somehow) or even when we return one past midfield.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. vaxcardinal

vaxcardinal GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    we only lost because of bad officiating

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. GatorBowl1969

GatorBowl1969 Junior

Jul 4, 2011
    Perhaps, but we won because the right calls were made.

16. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Pure troll

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. archigator_96

archigator_96 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2020
    Oh yea, I see it. just to the left of 9. Thanks,

18. gatorranger7

gatorranger7 All American

Jun 8, 2007
    I do not believe this is correct.

19. GatorToTheEnd

GatorToTheEnd VIP Member

Oct 4, 2014
    Pensacola, Fl
    That is an offensive players helmet. There are only ten men on deffense.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  20. ufstrong57

ufstrong57 Junior

Nov 13, 2023
    It's just the O and B game, this could never happen in a real game.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1