Any really good xbox 360 games out there?

Discussion in 'Gator Bytes' started by dadx4, May 4, 2013.

1. dadx4

dadx4 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,070
    Lookind to expand out of Call of Duty a little bit.
  2. LeafUF

LeafUF Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +392
    Tomb raider is really good. A lot of fun.
  3. gatorr4life

gatorr4life Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,612
    If you're trying to find another military shooter, (not named called COD), Battlefield 2/3 are great alternatives. Loved both of them. Great reviews for both. And the online community is still active. (3)

Other genres:

Action/adventure- Drakes fortune, uncharted 2---if you had a ps3! No, seriously, tomb raider has gotten lots of good reviews. Not a bad choice at all. I personally haven't played it yet.

Sports- NCAA 13 is solid, but the new one comes out in a couple of months. Up tp you. Madden is always pretty solid, in my past experiences. (Haven't played it in a while)

Survivor horror- Dead space 1/2......I'm currently playing three, but its no where near the same level as 1/2. If you do pick it up, GET TWO! Great, great game.

RPG- if you have the time, and the patience, elder scrolls 5: Skyrim is absolutely, hands down the way to go. Fallout 3 is a good one as well. (And cheap) Borderlands 1/2 are very fun games. They're more shooter than RPG, as they have a ton of different guns. Played both, LOVED both. And it's co op too. I can assure you the online community is still solid in two.

Racing: personally, I love need for speed: hot pursuit. Very fun game, with awesome crashes and ridiculously fun cop chases. Online community is dead, but you don't need it to have fun. Or you can go old school with burnout. great game... Also, there's the giant of racing games: grant truismo 5. I've always been a big fan of turismo games, but for some reason I didn't pick this one up. I believe it got good reviews, and i'm sure the online community is still very active. They have a big following. Now that I think about it, need for speed came out kind of close to the same time GT5 did. That influenced my decision. If you like drifting type racing, I think Grid is your best bet. Never played it, so I don't know how good it is.

And then there's rock* games. You really can't go wrong with any of them. Red dead redemption, max payne 3 and obviously gta4 are awesome games. LA Noire was a good one, too. (No online/free roam though)
    I'm actually thinking about getting max Payne 3 soon. It's been out for a while, so the online community will be drastically reduced. But from what I've read and seen, it's all about the single player experience.
    Keep in mind, GTA5 is on its way in a few months!

Some other notables I missed: crysis 2, far cry 3, halo series

here is a list of my favorites of all time, in case you want to go old school and save some money. Note, though, that some of these games are NOT multi- platform.
  4. LeafUF

LeafUF Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +392
    Tomb Raider is a lot like Uncharted which is why I picked it up. Love the Uncharted Series and hope they make another one. I have Max Payne 3 also but havent really played it. I thought the first two were great. Just dont have the time for games I wish I did.

Agree on Fallout and Skyrim both awesome games, Fallout and Fallout New Vegas will take away less of your time. Skyrim will own you.

Another one if you havent already Arkham City. It was fantastic.
  5. dadx4

dadx4 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,070
    Thanks guys.
  6. gatorr4life

Ratings Received:
    +2,612
    Yeah, forgot about batman. Great reviews... Personally, I didn't find it that much fun. I'm still wondering why... Lol everybody loves them. I played the first, and about halfway through, I just lost interest. Weird...

One more game I forgot to mention. Bioshock 2 is getting solid reviews. Heard it's awesome.
  7. sharkey28

sharkey28 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +88
    avoid LA Noire, cool concept poor execution IMO was very bored by mission 3 or so.
  8. sharkey28

sharkey28 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +88
    Halo is my suggestion, and if you are clammoring for old school can always buy a genesis game pack or some such, fun for the retro aspect.
  9. Potzer01

Potzer01 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +277
    If you missed Skyrim and/or Fallout 3, I'd highly recommend either of those.
  10. helix139

helix139 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,948
    Mass Effect 1-3. The endings are a bit of a letdown, but still highly recommend playing them.
  11. gatorr4life

Ratings Received:
    +2,612
    I bet you wouldn't be saying that if it had free roam. Lol graphically, I don't think there's many games better. Absolutely stunning, if you ask me. But yeah, I can see how one could get bored. It's not for everyone. It has a distinct appeal to it. Kind of dark.
  12. gatorr4life

Ratings Received:
    +2,612
    Good call. Can't believe I missed those. I enjoyed two; haven't played three or one. Good combination of RPG and shooter.
  13. gatorr4life

Ratings Received:
    +2,612
    Lol... "Will own you". Awesome...
  14. LeafUF

LeafUF Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +392
  15. LeafUF

LeafUF Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +392
  16. gatorr4life

Ratings Received:
    +2,612
    ^^^^ yes! Forgot about that! Nice... Thx, man.