Antoinette Bannister

Discussion in 'Women of the Swamp' started by EastTNG8TR, Jan 6, 2014.

1. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +35
    I have mentioned this in some threads, but has anyone heard any info on Bannister and if and when she may return. All I have seen through various sources is it was a hand injury of some sort. I think a lineup of Peoples, Bonds, Bannister, Lewis, and Williams come post season would be very formidable.
  2. G2MGA

G2MGA Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +42
    She tore a ligament in her thumb and had surgery in early December. Obviously case by case, but I think the normal timetable for that sort of thing is 6-8 weeks. So assuming they don't decide to redshirt her, maybe she could be back around the start of February?
  3. G2MGA

G2MGA Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +42
    Bannister tweeted today that she was cleared to return to practice in a non-contact capacity. Probably still a while before she could be returning to the game lineup, but that's a really encouraging step.
  4. bigtifosi

bigtifosi Member

Ratings Received:
    +42
    Her return will help. First thing that I do when I get to the O-Dome is watch their warm ups and actually count how many players are dressed to play! From a players point of view they have to love this. With only eight bodies you are almost sure to play some minutes in every game!
  5. robertc556

robertc556 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +4
    Assuming it is the collateral ligament, she might be able to play with a splint at 6 weeks.