Another UF coach gone...

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by G8RNTN, Dec 19, 2013.

1. SECund2nun

SECund2nun Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +663
    I understand football just fine. It is you who is a loyalist of Will Muschamp so your views are clouded by this.

Taylor was the best RB in week 1 period. He easily outperformed Brown in that game. He was impressive vs Toledo. Brown, as usual, was unimpressive vs Toledo....yet somehow Taylor was not good enough to get hardly any carries until week 6, which is right after Jones was injured.

Not sure how a player can magically morph from 3rd string RB to by far our best player in a one week span like Taylor did....doesn't it sound a bit more realistic to think maybe...just maybe the coaches made a mistake at RB especially since these coaches have a 3 year track record of offensive incompetence? Plus Taylor looked way better in week 1 than Mack Brown did. Brown was terrible against Miami, Tenn, Kentucky, and Arkansas....yet nope...gotta wait until Jones gets injured to play Taylor.

The coaches made a mistake at RB playing Brown (and Jones) over Taylor for so long. Period. Taylor was better than Jones and Brown starting in week 1.

See my response to his post. Also Taylor did not gradually get more and more carries as the year went on like you said happened. He went from getting 0 carries to getting a lot of carries in a one week span simply because of the Matt Jones injury.
  2. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,279
    Yeah now I am sure you dont understand. Taylor's own father said he didn't know the plays. You cant be the best player when you dont know the plays. Demarcus Robinson is our best athlete at WR and he doesnt play because he doesn't know what he is doing. Taylor cant run the offense he cant play this is something most people understand and you just cant grasp which is fine.

Muschamp said Taylor had been practicing better and was playing no matter what. The game shows that too because they could have just ran Mack every play like the Toledo game but they put Taylor in right after Jones got injured.

Everybody on the planet knew Taylor was a more natural runner than Brown the day he stepped on campus but he had to learn how to play at this level. Just like everybody knows Chris Walker is the best athlete on the basketball team but it is going to take some time
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. ufdocco

ufdocco Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +277
    New Mexico (2013) ranks:
    Punt Returns: 107th
    Kickoff Returns: 18th
    Kickoff Return Defense: 96th
    Punt Return Defense: 107th
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  4. SECund2nun

SECund2nun Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +663
    I am sure your judgement is clouded. Muschamp says a lot of things. The Jones injury forced him to give Taylor carries. We ran 40 times against LSU. It was simply not an option to run Mack Brown 40 times against any defense, let alone a SEC defense unless you wanted to end Mack Brown's career. He had to give Taylor carries. Also in week 1 Taylor was much better than Brown...so somehow him not knowing the plays didn't stop him from being way better than Mack Brown.

Tell me....Did Kelvin Taylor go from our 3rd best RB to our best RB in a one week span (week 5 to week 6)? Did Taylor magically learn all of the plays in the week between week 5 and week 6?
  5. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,279
    Why would Muschamp lie about that? Why would he put him in the game right after the injury?
    If you dont know the plays you are not the better RB. Just like Demarcus Robinson is not better than Dunbar for the same reason.

To you last question it is a process there is a certain amount of things you have to learn before you can get on the field. I understand you don't get this and it is ok. Kid has his best week of practice is scheduled to play and does. It is actually just like I said it would happen at the begining of the year when you were crying.