Another obama care Delay

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by diehardgator1, Aug 13, 2013.

1. diehardgator1

diehardgator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +412
    This bill has turned into a real cluster f__ _k. Written by a bunch of idiots and put into law by a bunch of idiots who do n ot have a clue.

"The Obama administration has quietly delayed another major provision of the federal health care overhaul, pushing off until 2015 a mandatory cap on out-of-pocket costs for individuals.

The New York Times reported on Tuesday that the administration is giving some insurers a one-year grace period to adhere to the limit, which otherwise would have capped individual costs at $6,350 a year and gone into effect in 2014. The change means some insurers could set higher limits or set no limit at all on out-of-pocket costs during that period.

The grace period apparently was granted earlier this year, though was buried in reams of regulatory material and was not publicly reported until now.

The confirmation comes weeks after the administration announced it was delaying a key insurance mandate - the requirement on mid-sized and large businesses to provide coverage to full-time workers.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...osts-delayed-in-latest-setback/#ixzz2brEMkpIg
  2. MichiGator2002

MichiGator2002 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,817
    Pretty apparent that the administration has realized at this point that they need to keep as little of this law from going into full effect as possible if they don't want to get obliterated in the 2014 midterms.
  3. surfn1080

surfn1080 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +207
    I guess it is okay to play politics with American lives...
  4. diehardgator1

diehardgator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +412
    Dont you just love this part now insurers can put NO limit on the deductible They can write you a policy put no limit on the deductible and never pay out a dime

"The New York Times reported on Tuesday that the administration is giving some insurers a one-year grace period to adhere to the limit, which otherwise would have capped individual costs at $6,350 a year and gone into effect in 2014. The change means some insurers could set higher limits or set no limit at all on out-of-pocket costs during that period.

Read more: http://www.gatorcountry.com/swampgas/showthread.php?t=268014#ixzz2brM5dU8d
  5. mocgator

mocgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +681
    Can someone show me where in the Constitution the President is allowed to do this?

I'll wait...
  6. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Moderator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,714
    It will be a long wait, because constitutionally he can't. If the law says it starts on a certain day he can't just up and say I will wait until after the election until it starts.
  7. MichiGator2002

MichiGator2002 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,817
    Unfortunately, he fancies himself -- and is more than happily indulged by far too many who should know better -- more as the "god king" Xerxes than as a US President. This is the guy who would have been pretty much 180 degrees opposite of George Washington had he been the President to set the benchmark on whether a President would accept royal titles as honorifics.
  8. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,284
    Bingo!!!
  9. icequeen

icequeen Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,971
    You hit the nail on the head there. I'm sure someone will still find a way to defend the whole thing.
  10. GatorFanCF

GatorFanCF Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,363
    Dont you just love this part now insurers can put NO limit on the deductible They can write you a policy put no limit on the deductible and never pay out a dime

"The New York Times reported on Tuesday that the administration is giving some insurers a one-year grace period to adhere to the limit, which otherwise would have capped individual costs at $6,350 a year and gone into effect in 2014. The change means some insurers could set higher limits or set no limit at all on out-of-pocket costs during that period.

Read more: http://www.gatorcountry.com/swampgas/showthread.php?t=268014#ixzz2bs4owKQC

I have a high deductible plan which has worked well for us the last 6+ years. Anyone who would purchase a policy with no deductible limit is a moron and should not entering into a contract. I think the key here is that there is no GOVERNMENT limit on deductibles, meaning if someone can afford a $10,000 deductible and prefers it as it reduces his premium AND can find an insurance carrier to offer such a plan then the marketplace works. I welcome this one-year hiatus; but, it irks me that I cannot - of my own volition - enter into a contractual agreement for a legal product with an insurance company on terms both of us find satisfactory. So much for the party of "choice."
  11. gatordowneast

gatordowneast Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +984
    Why don't they just delay the "individual mandate" too? After all, exemptions have been given to Employers, Unions, Congressional employees, small businesses under 50 workers, bisexuals, homosexuals, trisexuals and now a mandatory cap on out of pocket expenses for individuals. Next they will be exempting pets who many owners to consider "family" members.
  12. icequeen

Ratings Received:
    +3,971
    If they're delaying it this much, it's because they realize the cure is worse than the disease and are trying to avoid fallout plain and simple. That or they're waiting for something big to happen in the news where they can kind of sneak it in.
  13. Jaggator

Jaggator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,203
  14. icequeen

Ratings Received:
    +3,971
    Please tell me that's a joke. It's a joke, right? I mean, you're supposed to read something and know what's in it before you pass it, right?
  15. gatordowneast

Ratings Received:
    +984
    They will try to sneak it in on Black Friday (how appropriate for this legislation) day after Thanksgiving when the women are lathered up shopping and the men are all watching football drinking heavily. It is how they roll.
  16. icequeen

Ratings Received:
    +3,971
    Except Congress is known for taking a 2-3 week holiday for a 2 day holiday :laugh:

joking aside you're probably right :ninja:
  17. gatordowneast

Ratings Received:
    +984
    I wasn't thinking Congress....I was thinking executive order. Obama is a sneaky $hit.
  18. icequeen

Ratings Received:
    +3,971
    You really think HE'S going to work on a Holiday? :laugh: