Another journalist is beheaded by ISIL

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by OklahomaGator, Sep 2, 2014.

1. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,901
    imo the failure of the democracy was directly related to the failure to equally distribute the revenue and the purge of any sunni influence in the army. we didn't have to be there to influence that we just had to use the considerable aid we send them as leverage to prevent those actions from occurring the minute it began. sending aid around Baghdad is antithetical to a central planner like 0 and VJ though so they would not even consider it.
  2. 95Gator

95Gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,950
    This is dead on. One of the most agreeable comments I've read on this forum in years. I have a deep fear that our enemies abroad, as the ability to achieve once very exclusive technologies become easier to create and attain, will commit heinous acts stateside that will unfortunately dwarf the scope of 9/11. Id be lying if I said I wasn't quite scared of that scenario. Tens of thousands or more American civilians harmed. It's almost a matter of when and who not if.

Even as a child I used to think the day a private person has the ability to end the world, that's when it will end. The Amish might have been on to something. Technology is a double edged sword, or missile.

On another note, democracy was never happening in Iraq this century. Not a true one by even our most cynical definition of one regardless of everyone's variables.
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
  3. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,754
    I will be the first to tell you I have absolutely no sympathy for either of those reporters.

ISIS is real and needs to be dealt with, first by those who live in the region and then by a coalition of counties. And I firmly believe that America should not move large amounts of ground troops in the region again.

As far as another 9/11. If it happens, it happens. I am on the fringe with this line of thinking. Should we be alert and have safeguards, you bet. But I will not live my life in fear of another attack. Another 3000 can die and it is a still a fraction of a percent of our population and not even close to bringing the nation down. Our domestic response to such attacks create more damage to America then the original offense.

We have the technology and superior weaponry, use it. We have Special Forces that are trained to be skilled surgeons in the art of warfare, use them for that.

You want to instill fear into these people like they are trying to do to us?

Make them disappear in the the middle of the night, never to be seen again. No fanfare, no martyrdom of a glorious battle with Americans. That is what they want. Don't give it to them, just make them go poof, gone, lost in the desert sands.
  4. g8tr80

g8tr80 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,130
    Interesting. You state you have no sympathy for the journalists and you refuse to live your life in fear. From your remarks it is safe to assume your unsympathetic position stems from the fact that they put themselves in harms way. You wouldn't put yourself in that position because you would fear the consequences. You are totally content with living your life in the relative safety of your community until such time things change.

My question is, who is living their lives in fear? you or the reporters?

Your position on ground troops is a bit muddled. You are for sending in ground troops but only in limited quantity. You seems a bit confused as to whether you wish to make a political statement or get the job done. If you think we can get the job done with limited troops on the ground, I hope you are right, and I bet the Pentagon hopes you are right as well. But what if it takes more to get the job done? Do you sacrifice the mission?

These people don't fear us (kind of hung up on that word aren't you?). They loathe us. They loathe you. They would like nothing else then to have some 10 year old parade your head around on a pike. You want to see people who don't live in fear? They don't live in fear. Not of you.
  5. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,754
  6. demosthenes

demosthenes Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,244
    Guess you're not aware decapitations have occurred in the US too.
  7. rivergator

rivergator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,359
  8. HallGator

HallGator Administrator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,645
  9. gatorr4life

gatorr4life Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,632
    Got this in an email:

AUSTRALIAN PRIME MINISTER

Australia says NO -- This will be the second Time Julia Gillard has done this!

She sure isn't backing down on her hard line stance and one has to appreciate her belief in the rights of her native countrymen.
    A breath of fresh air to see someone lead with guts and determination.
    Australian Prime Minister does it again!!
    The whole world needs a leader like this!

[​IMG]

Prime Minister Julia Gillard - Australia
    Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia, as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.
    Separately, Gillard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying she supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques.

Quote:
    'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT... Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.
    'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language!

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'
    'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE.
    Â We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country that accepted you.
    NOTE: IF we circulate this amongst ourselves in Canada & USA, WE will find the courage to start speaking and voicing the same truths.
    If you agree please SEND THIS ON and ON, to as many people as you know...
  10. tilly

tilly Superhero Moderator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,349
    I dont even know what to say about this.
  11. ursidman

ursidman Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,277
    No sympathy for the reporters yet you feel strongly enough about ISIS to want to destroy them. What information did you use to arrive at that position? and who provided it? Don't you owe just a little to the reporters over there who are providing information. If not for them all we might have is the ISIS YouTube channel.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Emmitto

Emmitto VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,066
    Email? So it's not real then?
  13. gatorr4life

gatorr4life Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,632
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
  14. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,132
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,132
    Happens to the best of us. Welcome to the internet :)
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. MichiGator2002

MichiGator2002 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,715
    Too bad, would be nice if some leaders of the western world would actually defend and advocate for the virtue, and the superiority, of western civilization. Non-imperial emo-multiculti is great, as long as it says "feel free to enjoy your unique special snowflake of a backwards way of life, wherever it is you hail from, but the American/Australian/Canadian/British/French/Spanish/et al way of life does not need it here as our rich cultures and history have gotten on just fine without it.
  17. mutz87

mutz87 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,496
    Come on 96...really? I can understand having a very slight feeling but not having any sympathy at all? Look at it this way, they did know the risks (remember James Foley had been abducted twice) and while some might think they are just action junkies (and while there might be a little bit of that), I truly believe these guys and gals out there are operating from a "higher calling." That is they are doing it for us, trying to get at whatever 'truth' there is. That they put themselves in harms way to do it and that they might pay the ultimate price, and in this case actually paying the ultimate price, to me deserves a heck of a lot respect and sympathy.

For all the criticisms folks have of journalism, there are still many journalists out there trying to do an earnest job, and many of them we don't even know by name, yet they go and try to do something that to me is really noble. Maybe I won't convince you, but I think you should consider what they tried to do so that we can get a deeper understanding. Without them, it's internet chattering and 'official' claims, which is a scary thought to me.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. vertigo0923

vertigo0923 night owl mod VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,695
    omg. that's all i can say. omg.

i can't believe they brought him on for his 'learned opinion'. i mean, does anyone really care about this guy's opinion on anything? i guess they do, though. they think enough of this guy (or these guys) to invite them to SOTU addresses. like this guy who talks of the advantages of marrying a 15 or 16 year old girl.
  19. texigator

texigator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +507
    UNPRECEDENTED

But it was an awesome effort by you in dredging up another lame, pathetic "But, but, but BUSH DID IT" from the archives.
  20. vertigo0923

vertigo0923 night owl mod VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,695
    you guys realize that by dismissing comparison, or any discussion of **the last admin** by left-minded posters via ridicule is not going to mean he didn't exist. i'm not stating the obvious as any kind of insult, either. there will be a day in the future that right-minded posters will have another sub-standard president, and they will be saying 'but it's obama*, it's his fault!'' (*or whoever the democrat president was precedent to that particular republican president)
    and, lefties are not going to be able to totally ignore which, if any, policies instituted by that particular democrat had far-reaching effects into future admins, by refusing to acknowledge his (or her) existence.