1. Gator Country Black Friday special!

Stay on top of the football coach search with the Insider Authority on Gator Sports with a special discount!

Now's a great time to join or renew and get up to $20 off your annual subscription! LIMITED QUANTITIES -- for details click here.

An open letter to Charles Rangel..

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by mocgator, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,093
  2. surfn1080

surfn1080 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +209
    Row and 108 does not even try to hide the double standard.

Orange I have never called my wife a b**** nor would I tolerate even my best friend or family member to do so. Not sure if you just grew up differently but I grew up to treat and respect my wife, family, friends, and even strangers.

It's a shame the media gives anyone a pass no matter your color or political affiliation. I never could understand how it's ok for a black to call another the n word. Do you want to know why white people to call each other crackers??? Its because its derogatory! So no it's not ok that Rangle used it. I expect much more professionalism out of a congressman.
  3. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    People pay a lot of money to build "cracker houses" in the south - more than typical new houses and more per sq ft than McMansions. I haven't heard how the "n....r house" market is doing. Based on your comments maybe I should look into it.
  4. LittleBlueLW

LittleBlueLW Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,811
    Crackers just have thicker skin and dont let a word define them as much as blacks do apparently.

My first house was a 1920s cracker house that is still in Lakeland today. Not far from Bills sub shop actually.
  5. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    Yeah, and some blacks didn't have any skin at all after white mobs got after them. OTH, the centuries old persecution of "crackers" by black folks has left wounds that some of us can't forget.

"Nobody knows the trouble I seen, nobody ....."
  6. LittleBlueLW

Ratings Received:
    +1,811
    You should try to move on. Sad part of our history foe sure.
  7. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    Oh, I'm sorry to have started another thread on race and how bad white people have it. My bad.
  8. surfn1080

surfn1080 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +209
    Do you even realize where the Florida cracker home came from? Here you go educate yourself http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_cracker.

The way Rangle used it was highly offensive as he was pretty much calling the tea party poor white folks.

Cracker homes has nothing to do with the somewhat modern slang version of it.
  9. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    Gee, that's very educational. And all this time I just thought we called them that because "honky houses" didn't do as well with the market research studies.

?? seriously?
  10. Lawdog88

Lawdog88 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,178

You're not really sorry. Well, maybe you are.

Anyway, nice banjo playing. Keep practicing.
  11. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    You saw right through my sarcasm.
    You're a sharp one all right, and it's only 9:00 AM!
  12. LittleBlueLW

Ratings Received:
    +1,811
    Sarcasm aside, that's hardly the point of the thread. And since you are participating so heavily in the thread and defending your boy Charlie, you tacitly approve of his behavior.
  13. Lawdog88

Lawdog88 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,178
    We white guys are animals. And we are crackers.

Animal Crackers.

And Charlie has not a racist bone in his body.
  14. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    Without endorsing whatever all CR said, I was not offended by his use of the term "cracker" which I take to be roughly equivalent to calling someone a hillbilly (and implied ignorant racist). It doesn't apply to all white people or to me, and while I don't encourage it's perjorative use in public - it is perfectly acceptable in a non-perjorative sense, as we have discussed - I don't think it is even remotely close to someone of a different background calling someone a n...r, k..e, w.p, or s..c.
  15. gatorjd95

gatorjd95 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +139
    I don't see an equivalency between n-word and cracker - obviously, as I am willing to type one but not the other. I fall into the Lewis Grizzard school when it comes to the terms "cracker" and "redneck" - it can be meant as an insult, but never really had any bite.

That said, Rangle is a race-baiter and likely does not like whites in general. He should be called out for using such crass language.

The even sadder part is Rangle's, the media's, and leftists' ongoing attempt to paint the Tea Party movement as racist. That is their tried and true tactic, but it continues to insult the intelligence, as well as diminish their integrity - not that they would even recognize it.
  16. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +451
    Not letting this one die yet. Why does this racist still have a job?

Row-I like your post, really I do. Sometimes you make valid and good points. This time you chose the wrong side. Racism should NEVER be defended-even if it's one of your own.
  17. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,093
    Lol...
  18. wargunfan

wargunfan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +189
    The drumbeat from the left that the Tea Party is racist has its origins in the Joseph Goebbels school of propaganda. To wit: “The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly - it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over.”
    ― Joseph Goebbels
    There are racists in the Tea Party as surely there are racists in the Congressional Black Caucus. Charlie Rangle has, with his racist comments, identified himself as one of them.
    But the Tea Party as a political movement is no more racist than the Democrat party. I would argue that the Democrat Party is far more racist as evidenced by its fifty year history of welfare ensalvement of Black people. They have gotten away with dropping crumbs from the Massa's table to their Black constituents without ever lifting them up to stand on their own. The Democrat Party has become the "Big House" where blacks get the leftover crumbs in return for their service (votes). The Democrat Party has taken the Black vote for granted and left them poor, uneducated, incarcerated, angry and hopeless. Black overseers (the likes of Rangle, Sharpton, Jackson and the CBC) keep Black folk in line (and voting Democrat) by doling out the crumbs and stirring up racial hatred.
    The dirty little secret is that if Black folk were to be economically set free (that is to say elevated firmly into the middle class with good jobs, homes, growing assets and strong families) they would no longer vote Democrat. And so the Democrats dole out the crumbs in return for votes and repeat over and over and over that the Tea Party is racist. Joseph Goebbels would be proud.
  19. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +451
    Post of the month. Dems can't understand this but it is they who have become the new slave owners.