An open letter to Charles Rangel..

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by mocgator, Aug 2, 2013.

1. mocgator

mocgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +552
    Charlie,

Suck it you racist, race baiting, tax cheating, slimy, useless politician. A pox on you and your ilk.

Some facts for you Chuck... the Democrats opposed nearly all civil rights and the Black Panthers are the violent ones.

Suck it.

Regards,

MOC

Charlie Rangel: Tea Party Is ‘Same Group’ Of ‘White Crackers’ Who Fought Civil Rights

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/charlie-rangel-tea-party-is-same-group-of

“It is the same group we faced in the South with those white crackers and the dogs and the police. They didn’t care about how they looked," Rangel said.

Because of this, Rangel said the Tea Party could be defeated using the same tactics employed against Jim Crow.

"It was just fierce indifference to human life that caused America to say enough is enough. ‘I don’t want to see it and I am not a part of it.’ What the hell! If you have to bomb little kids and send dogs out against human beings, give me a break,” said Rangel.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. northgagator

northgagator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +107
    Clearly time for the venerable US Congressman to retire to become a regular taxpaying US citizen.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. asuragator

asuragator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,080
    Really moc? I think it's you doing the race baiting with this troll thread. Typical right wing crap that it is.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. gator34654

gator34654 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +880
    CR will get praised for what he says, RC gets crucified. One rationalizes blacks use of N or Cracka but if your white or for my extinguished AA friends white Hispanics they are vilified. If it's wrong for one its wrong for all.
  5. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,879
    Crucified?

Come on, dude.

Here's my prediction: Rangel will offer an apology for this comment. As for RC's "crucifixion," I believe it's be relegated to an apology and some counseling so far. But let's get dramatic.
  6. northgagator

northgagator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +107
    Where is your call out to Rangel, Jackson, and Sharpton for their racist views and opinions?

Where is Moc out of line with his Rangel comments?
    1, Rangel called Teaparty members Racist. Now that is a inflamatory remark with very little evidence to support it. Oh I am sure that there are some Teaparty members who are racist. Do a google search on African American and Teaparty and you will see a lot of positive articales. Clearly Rangel's use of this word was based on a preconcieved notion and bias that was rooted in him 60 plus years ago.

2, Rangel's remarks was cleary race baiting. You would have to be a moron not to see that. His remarks had one intent and that was stir up his constituents to emotions based on race.

3, Rangel is cuilty of Tax cheating. No matter how you slice and dice it the man cheated and is using his position to sidestep and evade justice.

4, Rangel, can be considered slimy. After all he is a politician and a lawyer. If I am not mistaken Slimy is a requirement for both professions (Apologies to LawDog).

5, Range is a useless politician. The general opinion is share by a majority of the US voters. That opinion is not just aimed at Range. The US Congress and the President have unfavorable numbers in the opinion polls. Also the track record of the White House and the Hill for the past 16 or so years is pretty dismal.

6, The Democrats opposed nearly all civil right, Moc is referring to the early 1960's. Can you post a link showing that he is wrong?

7, The Black Panthers are the violent ones. To be fare the supremacists groups, both black, white, and brown, did have some individuals who crossed the line and committed acts of viloience and terrorism. The most recent or well noted action by a supremacist group was the New Black Party's intimadation act at the Philly polling place back in 2008. The entire purpose of those clowns being there was to gather attention and to intimadate non African American voters.

I believe that if Martin Luther King were alive today he would be more than upset with the likes of Jackson, Sharpton, and Rangel. Not only was Dr King a civil rights leader he more into uniting this country instead of using race to politically and racially divide this country.
  7. gator34654

Ratings Received:
    +880
    RC is now on leave from the team never mind it has been said this word is used regularly among players. Yet a CR can get by with saying what he says, a black politician can get away with repeating what she heard that cops are killing black kids in Chicago with no shred of evidence and no rebuttal of that nonsense. So I guess what RC said is a lot worse than fanning the flames of racial unrest.

Kobe can make a gay slur and gets a slap on the wrist, but RC says something offense to AAs and he pretty much gets shown the door. Nothing to see here, yeah no big deal except it's everywhere. It all has the same narrative, blacks are cool and whites are evil. But you're right, its no big deal. Just an isolated incident. Ok for TM to call GZ a crazy ass cracka, its just the way the hood rolls, and funny thing its GZ who's painted the racist. But OBOB you're right nothing to see here. No trend. All is well. No double standard. Nothing to change.
  8. orangeblueorangeblue

Ratings Received:
    +2,879
  9. orangeblueorangeblue

Ratings Received:
    +2,879
    Are you offended by Rangel's words? Maybe you should speak up, then. That's what happened with Riley Cooper.

It's no double standard. If you're offended, say something.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. asuragator

asuragator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,080
    If Jackson and Sharpton are anything, it is convenient bogeymen for the right. Those constantly pointing finger at them do it while ignoring the racism emanating from the right wing ranks behind them.
  11. gator34654

Ratings Received:
    +880
    OBOB, I'd still buy ya a rootbeer. :)
  12. gator85jd

gator85jd New Member

Ratings Received:
    +65
    Yeah, because the LMSM would jump all over that story, wouldn't they? Really!
  13. HallGator

HallGator Administrator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,409
    Does Rangel read TH?
  14. 1329gator

1329gator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +18
  15. orangeblueorangeblue

Ratings Received:
    +2,879
    Why would that even be a requisite?

Even so, the story is literally hours old but is already on NY Mag, Baltimore Sun, FOX News and WaPo.
  16. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    The vast majority of democrats who opposed civil rights in the 1960's became republicans. You have to have been born yesterday to not know this. I wasn't and I was there. Two democratic administrations pushed the civil rights reforms and laws which changed America with the support of northern and western democrats and republicans, and the latter were mostly all moderates who would be labelled RINO's and be TP primaried if still alive today.

Republicans nominated for president a man who opposed the Civil Rights Act the same year it was passed. Quit trying to claim a movement you would have opposed then and would now if it was up again.
  17. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    BTW, Rangel is also a combat veteran who did 4 years in Korea.
  18. LittleBlueLW

LittleBlueLW Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,208
  19. g8orbill

g8orbill Gators VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +8,984
    got a link for that row
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Row6

Row6 New Member