An Early Look at Wiggins, Parker and other Top Freshmen

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by InstiGATOR1, Jul 10, 2013.

1. InstiGATOR1

InstiGATOR1 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +31
    Hoops Analysis looked at the incoming top frosh based on their performance per 40 minutes in the big 3 all star games:

http://hoopsanalyst.com/blog/?p=1044

Here is the analysis of Hill and Walker:

Best rebounder of incoming prospects I am sure makes all of us hope all the more C.Walker can get eligible. Hill's 3PP is encouraging too.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. tampajack1

tampajack1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +269
    Hill's defense despite the steals is shaky. I have watched enough games of his to see that.
  3. REM08

REM08 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +597
    I agree but I look for physical tools and capabilities mainly when watching HS play. I don't see reason to think he can't be a good defensive player after receiving good instruction - as long as his mentality is right also, which has never appeared to be an issue.
  4. MadduxFanII

MadduxFanII Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +372
    I'd like to see HA do a similar retrospective analysis on previous years' All-Star Games and how performance there correlated to college work, just to see how meaningful this is. The writer doesn't claim that it's particularly important, and I have no problem with a fun exercise, but I am curious.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. regurgigator

regurgigator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,448
    Thanks for posting.

This reminds me of rserina's thread about Parker being somewhat overlooked for as impressive a talent as he appears to be.

After being astounded by a highlight video of Wiggins', I was actually a little underwhelmed by him in the couple of all-star games I saw. Yes, Wiggins was still very impressive, but he wasn't quite as dominating as I thought he might be after watching the highlight reel.

Interesting stats/comments on the Gators. Man, I hope Walker makes the grades!!!!
    • Like Like x 1