America's New Military: Your Local Police Force

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by ncbullgator, Jul 20, 2013.

1. MichaelJoeWilliamson

MichaelJoeWilliamson Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +497
    If someone break into my house without identifying themselves and with a warrant, they are not doing so legally. No matter who they are..

I can't imagine anyone defending police in that situation.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. HallGator

HallGator Administrator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,243
    Watch the insults folks
  3. GolphinGator

GolphinGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +141
    No way, they will then kick in my door and shoot me because I am shooting at them.
  4. rivergator

rivergator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,640
    and how have you determined that the police did not identify themselves in this situation?

keep in mind that you were wrong when you claimed it was a no-knock warrant.
  5. rpmGator

rpmGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +536
    There was no warrant when the woman was hit in the forehead with a gun sight from an unidentified person wearing camo while she was committing the crime of dish washing after a long day working at the hospital.

If all crooks have to do is yell that they are what they aren't, the burden of death by cop, is not the best system. They need to walk up to the door and show who they are, before they kick in your door.
  6. MichaelJoeWilliamson

MichaelJoeWilliamson Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +497
    No, I was not technically wrong. If they went in without making a serious effort to gain access, then it was no knock. I know what they said. But we don't know what happened, other than the dead man had different testimony what the cops said.

Like I said, you can believe the police of you like. That is fine. But the fact that I was able to immediately share 4 more similar situations should give most anyone pause that this is more than an isolated incident. There are far, far more

I note you ignore those too. No surprise.

It is truly a bizzaro world we live in when uber liberal defend smash and grap cops and conservative are critical of the practice
  7. T3goalie

T3goalie VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +22
    Indeed...

What surprises me the most is why they didn't approach this man outside his home or simply knock on his door.

Why the need to crash down doors and have a Swat team approach? If your sitting at home and your door is crashed in like a home invasion, the last person you would expect coming in was a cop. No?

There seems to be no sense of proportion. None. :no: Overzealous does not begin to describe it. Two men are dead. For what ?
  8. rivergator

rivergator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,640
    Let's see: You said it was a no-knock warrant when it was a knock-and-announce warrant. Those are two different kinds of warrants. But you figure you weren't wrong.

The police also said that they announced themselves again as they entered the hallway where Stewart began shooting. You don't think they did? You figure the police wanted a shoot-out rather than taking the guy easily?

Let's face it. This whole thread is full of people claiming the police broke into the house with no knock, no warning,no announcement.Even though there's zero evidence that it happened that way.
  9. rpmGator

rpmGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +536
    In the case of the woman I have mentioned, there was no open up this is the police before you had a spot on her forehead from an assault rifle.

They failed to even use this is the police until after she had armed herself with unknown armed person's cursing for her to open a door.

Too many home invasions for this system to not end in problems for the innocent home owner.