American White Male - The New Discrimination

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by wargunfan, Sep 17, 2013.

1. wargunfan

wargunfan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +189
    We all realize that it’s not just fair and reasonable for minorities and women to rise to quality positions and recognition in our society, it’s essential to a balanced and modern America. There’s hardly an intelligent soul out there who doesn’t agree with that. But anyone who’s paying attention also realizes that there is an undercurrent afoot -- a new politically correct credo -- driving a momentum to not just find equilibrium in jobs, earnings, and positions but to diminish the status and accomplishments of the American white male while creating this equilibrium.

White males have become a derogatory target for the advertising and entertainment industry. Any sentient television viewer can easily see this group has begun to be ruthlessly portrayed as the dolt, the miscreant, and the character of little importance, particularly in advertisements. Compare this depiction with how minorities and women are positively displayed. You don’t have to be a rocket scientist to recognize how these groups are overwhelmingly and disproportionately featured in movies and commercials as the bright, the successful, or the dominant.

http://eaglerising.com/1780/american-white-male-advocacy-retribution/#DWZB6kW3lV5j0JBc.99

Has the pendulum swung too far? Have we elevated women and minorities by denigrating the roll of white males in our society?
    • Like Like x 1
  2. wargunfan

Ratings Received:
    +189
    Some would say that White men are only getting a taste of their own medicine.
  3. tideh8rGator

tideh8rGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +473
    And those who say it would be DEAD WRONG, and would be DISCRIMINATORY in doing so.

The "it's OUR turn now" crowd are just Racist, Sexist, selfish HATERS.
  4. rivergator

rivergator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,308
    good grief
  5. wgbgator

wgbgator Sub-optimal Poster Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,177
    If you're a white male, and you're not benefiting from the mere priviledge of being a white male in America, you are doing something wrong. Because its fantastic. :)
  6. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,878
  7. uftaipan

uftaipan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,970
    An example of this trend is on the Armed Forces Network. Overseas, troops naturally get the television that is provided for them, and because the U.S. government is paying for the broadcasting, all traditional commercials are replaced with public service announcements for safety, ethical behavior, etc. So far no problem. But, like you said, the idiot who lifts a box with his back and hurts himself is a smarmy idiot white guy; the thoughtful soldier who comes over to help him and show proper lifting technique is black. Fraud, waste, and abuse is only committed by white male characters; females and minorities serve as the characters who correct or report it.

Honestly, though, I don't think it's anything more insidious than laziness: There is no white version of Al Sharpton, and AFN knows that no white male is going to call their network or write their Congressman to whine about the negative portrayal of their race and gender. Hollywood routinely makes decisions that follow this path of least resistance. For instance, the book Sum of All Fears featured Palestinians as the villians who use commit nuclear terror on U.S. soil to start a war with the Russians. In the movie, the villians are transformed to an unrealistic Neo-Nazi threat. Why put up with CAIR's BS when no one in the virtually non-existent Neo-Nazi movement is going to say a word?
  8. PSGator66

PSGator66 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +924
    I think it should be listed as straight white males. Liberal, white males feel exempt from this obvious portrayal in today's society.
  9. uftaipan

Ratings Received:
    +1,970
    Do Asians benefit from this fictitious "white privilege" I hear so much about? Because apparently it's pretty fantastic to be Asian in America, too.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. wgbgator

Ratings Received:
    +2,177
    Maybe not, but it sure looks like the OP is auditioning for the role.
  11. exiledgator

exiledgator Gruntled Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,899
    I've heard that fat white lawyers have it made. What gives?
  12. rivergator

rivergator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,308
    Someone really figures that blacks have some big advantage because they have Al Sharpton?
  13. tim85

tim85 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,173
    Until I see the OP in a similar video, I don't think he will come anywhere close to being the white Al.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wmVf_F7jRAo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  14. Bushmaster

Bushmaster Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +953
    I have been saying this for the last 10 years on this board. Its nothing new.

Look at the father figures in My Three Sons, Father Knows Best, Andy Griffith, etc. Now take a look at the father figures on TV. Nearly all the father figures on tv are portrayed as buffoons. Disgusting really. White males especially. The Simpsons, the other cartoon character that looks like he has a pair of nuts for a chin.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,878
    Yeah, that never happened in the old days. Fred Flintstone and George Jetson were in no way oafish buffoons.

Oh, wait.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. uftaipan

Ratings Received:
    +1,970
    I never said it was an advantage. Like you, I would put it in the category of disadvantages. I merely point out, that evasion of situations where one might be hassled is a normal human tendency. Portraying in a negative light a minority or female character might result in being hassled. Portraying a white male character poorly will not result in being hassled. For some people that's an easy choice.
  17. fastsix

fastsix Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,325
    Thank God Eaglerising.com finally brought this story out into the open. As a straight, white male, the amount of discrimination I experience on a daily basis is staggering. The other day when I went to take my Porsche in for service, the mechanic actually had the nerve to make me wait while he finished up with an Asian customer. Can you imagine? I had to wait...for an Asian...with a BMW?! What's next? Will I be discriminated against and made to wait while a woman is helped with her SUV? I just don't know what this country is coming too. Hopefully as long as we have trusted news sources like Eaglerisng.com and AmericanPatriotHeritage.com exposing this mockery of the American way of life, things will go back to the way they were before this country became some type of perverted version of its former self. We straight white males can only take so much.
  18. wgbgator

Ratings Received:
    +2,177
    And you think these portrayals are largely reflective of how people feel about white men (esp. considering many of the people that create pop culture products are white men)? Or is it just that because white men still dominate positions of power and status that they are easy and "safe" to mock?
  19. wargunfan

Ratings Received:
    +189
    Could it be that the writers in Hollywood, many of whom are leftists or homosexuals, have an agenda they are trying to sell? Is their ideal male role model a wimpish metrosexual?
  20. wgbgator

Ratings Received:
    +2,177
    Yeah, all those summer block busters seem to feature wimpish metrosexuals, like Superman, Ironman, Thor and Captain Kirk.