ambassadorships for sale

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by diehardgator1, Jul 20, 2013.

1. diehardgator1

diehardgator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +353
    All the Presidents have rewarded the big time donors and fund raisers with ambassador ship. The ability to do the job has no effect on it. Give me the money and you will get the plum

"President Obama has nominated a slew of campaign donors and fundraisers for ambassadorships including major bundlers Denise Bauer and a Los Angeles entertainment attorney Crystal Nix Hines.

As of last month, Obama had given 32.2 percent of ambassadorships to political appointees -- almost identical to his first term rate and slightly higher than those of recent predecessors in the long-held tradition of presidents rewarding big-time financial supporters.

The number compares to 30.02 percent under George W. Bush, 27.82 percent under Bill Clinton and 31.30 percent under George H.W. Bush, according to the American Foreign Service Association.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...s-bundlers-for-ambassadorships/#ixzz2ZdXZPzmO
  2. kygator

kygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +224
    It's a pretty easy job but if terrorists attack you then you are on your own.
  3. GatorNorth

GatorNorth Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +942
    I think the donors typically get the cushy spots like Italy, France, Australia, etc.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. MichiGator2002

MichiGator2002 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,282
    The grand prize is the UK -- you don't even need to know a polite smattering of another language. But, yeah, Western Europe in general is the cushy stuff. I'm sure that Japan, Canada, Australia, New Zealand are also pretty high up there.
  5. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    A bad practice, and another reason to get big money out of elections.
  6. MichiGator2002

MichiGator2002 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,282
    I'm no physicist or anything, but I don't think any cap on donations can alter the idea of "most". Pick any cap you want or forbid direct donations altogether -- there are other forms of patronage, favors, etc, and the most helpful will always be rewarded.