Amazing stat from last night

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by ApexNC, Sep 29, 2013.

1. BengermanV

BengermanV Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +682
    It's hard to believe we only had the ball 3 times in the second half last night. I still think that's going to bite us in the butt at some point, but I'm okay with it for now. The problem will be when we are doing to a LSU or Georgia, and need to put up points in the second half. We showed it against Miami -- we just don't have that experience.

I'd really like us to get more passing reps in the game, because at some point, we are going to play a team that has them and we don't. There's no reason to give that team an advantage.
  2. ApexNC

ApexNC Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +899
    The other issue is that UK is probably the weakest team in the SEC. We will not go 8/13 on third down against the likes of LSU, USC, f$u or even uga or Vandy. It's hard to convert 2-3 3rd downs on every drive vs a better team.
  3. 4everaGator

4everaGator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +1
    Dominating TOP gives your opponent fewer opportunities to score on you. If your D can shut the door and your offense and special teams not make bad mistakes, your probability of a win is enhanced with more TOP. But I agree that using TOP alone is a poor indicator of success.