Already 11 on 11 full pads, full go

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by UFGator05, Mar 25, 2014.

1. theghost

theghost Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +915
    Yes. But the discussion was about the lack of LBs this spring...
  2. Jaggator

Jaggator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,202
    INJURY UPDATE: Safety Nick Washington joined defensive end Jordan Sherit (elbow) in wearing an orange non-contact jersey. Offensive tackle Trenton Brown spent some time in the pit during practice for an unknown injury. Running back Brandon Powell (foot), receiver Andre Debose (knee), offensive lineman Nolan Kelleher (back), defensive tackle Leon Orr (wrist), linebackers Neiron Ball (knee), Alex Anzalone (shoulder), Matt Rolin (knee) and safety Keanu Neal (hamstring) are all still limited or sidelined as they recover from injuries.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. DMann

DMann Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +391
    wm likes to talk up practicing 1's against 1's in practice every week during the season. I do believe that this was at least a factor in last year's injury atrocity.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. gatormonk

gatormonk Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +174
    Nice video from practice.

• Like Like x 1
  5. chemgator

chemgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +890
    Kentucky almost never has enough quality players to allow them to play tackle football in the spring. If we start imitating them, we might start imitating their record. Oops, too late!
    • Boring Boring x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  6. StrangeGator

StrangeGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +897
    Regarding injuries, this spring seems par for the course over the history of the program. This is how backups, walk-ons and especially early enrollees get a head start. There are plenty enough players to go 11 on 11. If anything, it's good to hear about guys like Bryan Cox Jr., Darius Cummings, Duke Dawson and Jarrad Davis stepping up. All the LB injuries would be more of a concern if we actually used more than two at a time.

Except for Debose and a few OL, it sounds like the offense is pretty healthy. I no longer even remember who the original starters were on the OL and who came in and subsequently went down behind them. Delighted to know that Chaz Green, Max Garcia and D.J. Humphries are all healthy at the same time.

According to the coaches, they are truly "installing" the new offense. If that's the case, 11 on 11 is the only way to go. Even if you're not learning that many actual plays, players are learning new roles on the offense and often learning new skills. I'd hate to wait until August to see them do that.
  7. fox

fox Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +362
    coach lost weight?
  8. dadx4

dadx4 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +880
    I hope I die before enduring another 4-8 season....at least I was fishing last year while we were playing GSU. Caught a bunch and had a lot of cold one's. It was a great day until I got home and then well.....you know. :mad:
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. 32250Gator

32250Gator Member

Ratings Received:
    +127
    Ha if Muschamp went shells & helmets all spring & limited contact, half the posters here would skewer him for being soft & not allowing contact. Go full contact and those same posters skewer him for exposing the players to injury. Fact is there is a vocal minority of fans who will trash Champ for any and every decision he makes, short of Muschamps head on a stick nothing would ever satisfy these people.
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. UFGator05

UFGator05 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +572
    Nope, some of us are just tired of the same old and want to be healthy by the time kickoff rolls around. We are sick of the injuries and know how it goes going into year 4. Time to change it up a bit and have a fighting chance going into the fall.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. BastogneGator

BastogneGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +319
    8-4 with a victory over UGA and in a bowl game would be pretty satisfying
  12. BastogneGator

BastogneGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +319
    I agree. "Good on Good" obviously increases your chances of injury to a starter. A second order effect might also be latent "undiscovered" talent.
  13. The_Graygator

The_Graygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,217
    Heard from a friend of mine at the practices that Grier is really beginning to show he's going to be a good one. The kid soaks up the playbook and his coaching like a sponge. They said he won't beat out Driskel this year because of physical development but if JD went down (knocking on wood), it wouldn't take Grier but a few games to be really be in a good a rhythm at QB. The kid is real, real smart.

That said, all of our QB's are easily getting FAR more hands-on, personal coaching by Roper than they did with Pease, who basically only concentrated on Driskel most of the time. I liked Pease personally, good "program" guy and family man and such, but his skills as a QB coach were one of the reasons that contributed our offensive problems last year too.

I think we're going to see a lot better decisions and command of the LOS by our QB's this year with Roper as OC. Heard he and Summers are also very much on the same page... no animosity like we had between Pease and Davis. Glad to hear it too.
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
    • Like Like x 2