All of the defensive plays vs Kentucky [video]

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by GATORAZ, Sep 30, 2013.

1. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,930
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZImj-P2P-8

-we really miss Easley on the inside the drop off is pretty remarkable

-Jacobs has to play better he really struggled to penetrate and get off blocks if he cant play better than that he needs to be replaced

-Bullard did some nice things inside really pushes the pocket well and we are going to need to play him there more hopefully Cox can step up at DE

-UK got most of their passing yards in the middle of the field going at Riggs (nickle for this game) and the Linebackers.

-they threw to Purifoy's man twice the whole game one time he got a PI that wasn't needed. It will be interesting to see if they continue to go away from Roberson and Purfioy and keep throwing at VH3

-VH3 again played well.
  2. slayerxing

slayerxing Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,023
    I watched #4 that whole game - it was easy to see him, he got stood up on almost every single running play one-on-one. Jacobs has GOT to play better this week or UF is going to get GASHED in the running game.

Orr didn't necessarily play great either, but was better than Jacobs.

Cummings looked OK. He at least pushed his guy backwards consistently. Jacobs struggled to do that EVER, and Orr stands way too high down there, he needs to either get his hands up to bat down balls or he needs to get lower and drive into the opposing backfield. I caught him a number of times in this game just standing up and looking around. Maybe he was watching for screens, I don't know.

Bullard stood out. When he was in there the pocket moved.

I didn't notice Ivie or Bostwick.

The interior is going to have to play a lot better this week against Arkansas or UF is in trouble against that rushing attack.
  3. your_perfect_enemy

your_perfect_enemy Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,049
    Is Dunbars takedown of Jones included? :)
  4. UFish

UFish Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +202
    Orr is banged up and almost didn't play in the game. Cummings and Jacobs are the only true interior linemen with any experience who are playing right now. Bullard played well and is plenty big enough to handle the position but he hasn't had a lot of game reps there.

Leon looked really solid our first two games and getting him back at full strength will help a lot. There's no replacing Easley though. I think everyone already knew that.
  5. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,930
    David Jones ‏@DaveJonesUFbeat now
    Bielema on Hargreaves: "He's everything you want at the position."" Said some teams went after him "and regretted it."" #Gators
  6. demosthenes

demosthenes Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +952
    Wow, Jacobs was completely ineffectual. Slow off the ball, can't get off blocks, and showed very little push while too often going the wrong way. I really hope he was sandbagging.
  7. BengermanV

BengermanV Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +786
    RoPo was great.
  8. Gatorphenom

Gatorphenom New Member

Ratings Received:
    +7
    Don't agree with AZ much but I have to admit not sure if we will be an Elite defense without Easley.....we will be very good but Elite may be unattainable given our depth at the position.
  9. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,608
    Something/someone has to light a fire underneath him. He's getting stood up most plays.But lets be honest here, I saw a whole lot of holding by UK's O-line that wasn't being called.