All of Florida offensive plays vs UGA [video]

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by GATORAZ, Nov 4, 2013.

1. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,770
    And this was a distinct improvement from the Mizzou and LSU games.
  2. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,759
    The big thing I took away from the game is the play calling was not bad at all. People complained about Pease but is play calling was pretty darn good against UGA

1-The Oline wasnt great but the play calls gave us some time to get the ball down field and the schemes help us do things in the run game. We def tried to go down field more.

2. I know a lot of people love them some Kelvin Taylor but he has yet to break a tackle or make someone miss. What he does really well is hit the whole hard. He also had a few nice blitz pick ups.

3 Tyler Murphy is not a step up from Driskel. He misses a lot of plays he is missing a lot of throws. Maybe because his shoulder hurts but there were play out there down the filed. Others were just bad reads.

4. One of the big problems is we have no WR that can win 50/50 balls right now. In the future this is something Fulwood and Dro can do but right now Burton Patton and Dunbar just are not physically capable of doing that.
  3. UFFL

UFFL Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +267
    I think any time Pease goes for a wildcat play where Burton isn't immediately handing off, he is making a bad play call.

We don't have anybody on this team besides Solomon who can make somebody miss

It'll be interesting to see if Grier actually redshirts next year. He is an EE, after all

Whenever I see Fulwood matched up one-on-one on the outside, I feel like we're going to throw him a jump ball, especially in the red zone. Never happens
  4. Jonas

Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +365
    yeah, I never had an issue with Pease as play caller, but I'm starting to think he is a terrible evaluator or developer of talent. Maybe the way he structures practice is just really inefficient.

He also doesn't seem too concerned to make packages for our younger highly rated guys. Some freshmen are getting time, but we should be creating plays that they can succeed with like Urban did with Percy his freshmen year. I highly doubt Percy knew all the plays or was a great blocker then, but Urban found a way to use his weapon.

Also, our lack of balance or predictability could be hurting us. His offenses for his entire career have been in the 70-100 range (with a lot of times being 100+) except his one year at Boise with Kellen Moore as QB, Petersen there helping out with development, and an established system. So there is a lot of evidence to suggest that he is a bad OC, and it's not typical unsubstantiated Gator fan hate for their OC.

I do agree that the shoulder might be bothering TM as he has shown a clear regression since the Kentucky game. Maybe teams are just game planning him better, but he is just missing basic screen passes that he was fine with before.
  5. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,759
    Jonas you need to be realistic. Percy got in the game because he was better than anyone of the team by far. He was one of the best player in the country the minute he stepped on campus. Nobody on our team right now is that good. Nobody even close, especially the freshmen. We are talking the number 1 kid in the country out of high school.

The system was also different which helped him play early but more than anything it was his talent. It is like when people ask is Cook going to have to wait like Kelvin Taylor. The answer is hell no because Cook is in a whole different class than Kelvin.
  6. UFFL

UFFL Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +267
    Is Cook still coming? (from what you know right now)
  7. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,759
    as of right now he is coming
  8. Jonas

Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +365
    If Pease sticks around, we'll see. I would not be surprised if Jones, Brown, and KT anchor the RB spot if Pease had his way. He has made comments where it doesn't sound like he gives younger guys a fair shake in practice.

DRob was tearing up Fall practice. I know he has played stupid recently as a normal WR, but I still think you could make a package for him to be successful, especially against the likes of Toledo. Just throw him a jump ball. He is very good at winning those.
  9. hd80dun

hd80dun New Member

Ratings Received:
    +6
    nice
  10. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,759
    You sound like the people that wanted Debose to play last year right now you are just grasping at straws. When Robinson has been on the field he has been tentative and running the wrong route he is where he should be and this is coming from the captain of the Drob fan club. Drob got more than his fair shake.

Jones is coming off a knee surgery. Cook is special and he is going to play
  11. Jonas

Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +365
    It's moot, because Pease won't be here next year.
  12. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,759
    so why did you bring it up?
  13. GatorWon

GatorWon Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +33
    It's never the play call.

Here are the last two snaps of the game for Florida:

[​IMG]

Murphy went to Dunbar (1). Anybody spot the open receiver for Florida? He hits 2 and its a huge gain.

Here is the 3rd down play:

[​IMG]

All out blitz by UGA.
    They brought 7 men and #1 is unblocked.

Ball should have been thrown to 1. With an all out blitz, TM tried to buy some time but that's the difference between burning a defense or the defense getting a sack for a huge loss.
    If #1 gets the ball, the UGA defender at the bottom of the screen has his back to play. That only leaves the defender in front of him that has given him a 5 yard cushion.
    That's one on one coverage with a cushion...what else can you ask for in a pass play?

We didn't make the play.
  14. GatorLaw

GatorLaw Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +165
    This has been a gripe of mine for the last several years. Why oh why, when we're on the other team's 10-15 yard line do we almost never (maybe never) throw a pass into the end zone on first down? We almost always try two running plays that don't work, then when everyone knows a pass is coming on 3rd down we sometimes throw a pass. Do the coaches really have that little confidence in Murphy and our receivers?
  15. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,759
    GatorWon is seeing what I saw Murphy missed some plays out there I think the play calling was fine for the most part
  16. gator1986

gator1986 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +570
    This. Plus no more sweeps 5 yards back, and no more options to the short side of the field.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. BengermanV

BengermanV Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +682
    I think the playcalling as been below average, but most of it is a lack of talent and execution. Maybe that's still on the coaches, but I think any SEC team that has to start Tyler Murphy, Tyler Moore, an injured Jon Halapio, an unseasoned DJ Humphries, and has Soloman Patton as their best WR is going to be in big trouble offensively.
  18. sacodawson

sacodawson Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    I bet he was told to target Dunbar or throw it away. Imagine how much the coaches trusted Clay Burton on the 2pt conversion, but did attempt to throw him the ball during the game. This could have given the Lb`s one more thing to worry about, in addition to defending the run on 1st down. It appears that Muschamp is more focused on the number of offensive plays that we have at the end of the game, instead of moving the ball and scoring points.
  19. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,759
    Why would he be told to target to Dunbar or throw it away at that point of the game? I am betting you are wrong.
  20. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,759
    People always talk about how our drives take so long but who on our team is an actual home run threat? Patton who is tiny. Everybody else is can get you chunks if schemed right but they dont have the talent to just make a big play like say Percy or the top WR;s and RB's in the league