All of Florida offensive plays vs UGA [video]

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by GATORAZ, Nov 4, 2013.

1. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,289
  2. Gator033

Gator033 Member

Ratings Received:
    +33
    Murphy needs to run more.
  3. phideltgator

phideltgator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +251
    We are just average. So close but so far away.
  4. gatorich

gatorich Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +330
    As much as we all like to gripe about the play calling, deservedly so in some instances, there was a lot of execution problems with this offense. For those that wanted us passing, we passed quite a bit on first down.
  5. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,514
    Just watched it.

Our o-line is a massive, massive part of our problems on offense. Every run play there's a guy in the backfield, on some pass plays Murphy has 1 - 1.5 seconds.

The fact that Murphy understands how to step up in the pocket (something Driskel never really excelled at) has saved quite a few sacks.
  6. G8R92

G8R92 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +272
    Also throwing the ball out of bounds about a dozen times saved quite a few more sacks.
  7. gatorchamps0607

gatorchamps0607 Always Rasta

Ratings Received:
    +1,710
    Ive said it all year. With an OL with a pulse we are a title contender this year. I don't see any unbeatables this year.
  8. gator07

gator07 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +703
    Keep saying it. Doesn't make it any more true. The line played one of its better games Saturday and we got nothing out of it. Line was good against Miami and Toledo and very little came of it.
  9. gatorchamps0607

Ratings Received:
    +1,710
    Our OL played good against Miami? You're right, Driskel running for his life and throwing picks is a sign of a great OL.
  10. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,514
    Rewatch the plays. The o-line just simply cannot get a push.
  11. gatorchamps0607

Ratings Received:
    +1,710
    Yeah but we all know you don't need a good OL to be successful on offense. :lie:
  12. philip214

philip214 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +406
    obob, you are going to have a field day today. The board has gone full retard. I was wondering where you were yesterday because I know you like a good debate. If you wanted, you could probably double your post count today wading through and responding to the idiotic posts on this forum.
  13. EbSaxman

EbSaxman Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +139
    Definitely not a problem with "play calling." O Line makes a lot of mistakes, wide receivers really don't appear to be very quick and they don't block very well. Murphy makes a ton of mistakes and is not super accurate on mid and long throws. Kelvin Taylor is a freak, though. Frustrating to watch, but after seeing them all in a row I have ZERO problem with the play calling. Execution is the issue. We really need a couple of large receivers who are a threat to catch a crossing throw and who can block. I'm not sure this offense can operate effectively without them.
  14. grant1

grant1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +332
    I can't bare to watch it, but for those who do, how many times to we have a play right into a well-covered defense? While at the game, I noticed a number of plays that went into nothing open. uga is not a good defensive team, but they had us covered a lot. Seems to me that the plays are either telegraphed before the snap or are just poorly designed to begin with.
  15. gatorvincent

gatorvincent Member

Ratings Received:
    +3
    Once again... if we don't run the ball in, we do not test the goal line....

A grand total of 1 time did the ball cross the end line on a pass.

Unfortunately, once we had nothing to lose, we played considerably better. I think Champ and this staff are so afraid of losing that we constrict ourselves to doing nothing by being overly risk-averse. Troubling since once we had nothing to lose we looked like an offense. Not a great or even good one, but an offense.

The play calling, which is a trend over years here, maybe even over staff turnover, is just baffling. Momentum sapping, foolish calls that have very little chance of working get thrown out there coupled with a mistake of some sort and all of the 10 play drives just kill everything. Frustrating to say the least.
  16. sacodawson

sacodawson Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    If a neutral fan watched the game, he or she would have never known that GA had a bad defense and a weak secondary. No matter who Florida plays, they never expose the weaknesses of their opponents. While in the shotgun, Florida attempted only 1 quick slants that was a 1st down. The skinny post play was nice to Burton for a long 1st down. (But was negated by a penalty). I would love to see more high percentage plays attempted. It would be nice to see some urgency on offense throughout the entire game. At times, the body language of the offensive players show complacency of 3 and outs. I really believe this offense can be more productive with the proper changes. Go Gators!
  17. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +894
    We really do not have a lot of talent on the OL. It's serious. But, in spite of that I would think our staff could do a little better. I cannot overcome how poorly trained we look. Georgia manned up and pushed us around, even our defense was out of position or poorly positioned to take on blocks and runners.

If we had one glaring weakness as a team I could understand. But unfortunately it looks like we have many- FG kicking, OL/OL blocking, WR play and WR route designs.
  18. PSGator66

PSGator66 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +615
    The O- line was switched up this week and actually looked better in the second half.
  19. gatornation3

gatornation3 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    Jon Halipio should be benched he sucks.... I don't know what the coaches see in him.... He whiffs to much and get pushed back tooo much..... O-line is the biggest issue
  20. Jonas

Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +328
    This is really interesting to me. I missed the game due to a power outage, but the general impression I got from people on the various Gator message boards was that the line did a pretty good job. It turns out, it may have just been low expectations from the LSU and Mizzou game, where they were god awful.

So I went through the vid for the first half, because some people said TM actually did a poor job with his pocket presence to see if that was the case. Here are my notes. The list is not meant to say if the line did well or not (although I randomly included times where they did a good job), but rather if TM bought time in the pocket or ran into pressure.

I personally don't know how long the line should hold up for, and didn't time how long it took for TM to get pressured.

I also included approximate times if anyone wants to double check. It basically confirms what you said OBOB (at least for the first half).

1) Murphy rolled away from pressure and makes a short pass to Joyer, who drops it. (0:00)
    2) Guy was in Murphy's face as he threw the deep pass to Dunbar (0:11)
    3) Designed roll out to the right, and TE on the rights side of the formation got beat. So yeah he technically "rolled" into pressure, but that was the play design. (1:14)
    4) Line got pressured, Murphy tries to step up into the pocket, but it collapses, and then ran around to attempt an intermediate pass. (1:30)
    5) Murphy steps up into the pocket, pressure comes from the middle, TM then avoids the sacks by rolling out and throws a pass to Patton for a first down, but there was a flag (1:50)
    6) #67 Gets obeat up the middle going straight at TM. TM has no where to go, so throws it away for a near pick (2:01)
    7) #41 gets beat, #74 tries to help but kind of too late. TM rolls out of pressure, but there are several guys back so he scrambles a little and tries to make a play down field (2:40)
    8) Georgia blitzes, TM does a great job stepping into the pocket and makes a first down throw on 3rd and 8. Line did a good job as well creating a pocket for TM to step into. (3:12)
    9) TG mentioned this play in a thread. Complete miscommunication between TM and KT on a zone read, and Murphy was forced to improvise and threw it away to avoid a sack (3:30)
    10) Line does a great job giving Murphy time, but he made a questionably throw to the middle of the field. (4:10)
    11) Two guys blitz up the middle, but Murphy hangs in there and throws it right before he destroyed and makes a first down throw on 3rd and 7. (4:23)
    12) Looks like a "coverage sack." TM doesn't see anyone down the field, tries to take off to pick up some yards by his feet, but UGA defenders close in on him (4:48)
    13) Line does a decent job picking up a blitz, but it forces Murphy to throw early and short of a first down on 4th and 10 (5:10)