All of Florida offensive plays vs Arkansas [video]

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by GATORAZ, Oct 7, 2013.

1. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    I might need to watch it again but Moore played right tackle from what I remember
  2. UFcody

UFcody Member

Ratings Received:
    +9
    I actually thought the O-Line played ok. They definitely had some whiffs, but give credit where it's due Arkansas has a very good D-Line.

Dunbar and Patton are turning into very good WR's. Dunbar makes some ridiculous catches and Patton's ability to get YAC are great.

We need some explosiveness in the run game. Brown and Jones are good inbetween the tackles guys, but I never expect them to break one off. Right now our most explosive runner is either Murphy on Patton on the jet sweeps.
  3. demosthenes

demosthenes Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +982
    I stand corrected. Need a bigger screen on my phone.

OK, so how exactly did Moore start as a true freshman blocking like he does?
  4. grumpy_gator

grumpy_gator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +74
    He has a pulse?
  5. IrishGator

IrishGator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +5
    Arky doesn't lead the SEC in sacks because they are just a bunch of average D-linemen.
  6. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    Muschamp said that we didn't block well upfront. The only player he seemed to like in the run game against Arky was Max Garcia
  7. Ofg8r

Ofg8r Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +225
    Great thread. So typical. GC experts knocking a kid who wasn't even on the field. Priceless.

I re-watched the recording of the first qtr last night, with a focus on the RT---who in every case was #73. I will double check my roster; but I am pretty sure it will not say that #73 is Koehne.

After Harrison went out, I did notice #64 at center. Was very pleased to see that there were no bad snaps; nor was their any noticeable drop off in overall line play.

#73 is a bit disappointing as a RT at times. Of course he has faced a some pretty good rushers. This week was an example with Ark's highly touted DEs. Gator tackles don't usually get help, and handled themselves reasonably well. My primary criticism of Moore is that he chips in to help Halapaio and is late reacting when there is a stunt, or blitz from his side. But, maybe that is the scheme. Maybe those people are RBs responsibility. I don't know.

If Green is back next year, #73 may fill the slot at RG if no one else is better.

Interesting comments by Reaves in his column this morning about the complexity of the blocking scheme. I assume that Pease brought it with him.
  8. demosthenes

Ratings Received:
    +982
    #73 is Moore.

I won't go through the entire game because the first 12 plays of the game illustrate just how poor we are on the line.

1. Whiff
    2. Whiff
    3. Driven back in to Murphy and should have been a sack but for Murphy.
    4. Two whiffs
    5. Awesome pancake block
    6. Driven back and tripped RB going out on a route
    7. No blocking required
    8. Good blocking
    9. Good blocking
    10. Good blocking
    11. Whiff
    12. Initial block but let go and defensive player hit MJ behind the LoS.

So, in 12 plays he had 5 successful plays (counting one where he was required to do nothing) and 7 unsuccessful plays. Six if you want to claim no harm no foul impeding the RB's route. I'm not saying Moore is the only one with this problem but his start to the day seems to sum up our offensive line ineptitude which will make the rest of the offense look poor.
  9. Lawdog88

Lawdog88 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,029

Those watching AZ's posting of the offensive plays, saw that as well . . . if they were looking. And, the pancake block was magnificent (blasted the DL guy into oblivion).

Question is, is it failure to understand the scheme, lack of footwork / technique / strength, or what, and . . . can it be corrected ?
  10. lorigatormom

lorigatormom Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +66
    if it's scheme it needs to be simplified big time. We always have injuries to deal with and there has been zero improvement in year 2, even with experienced players.
  11. demosthenes

Ratings Received:
    +982
    In Moore's case he looks and plays like an OG. I'm guessing we just don't have anyone else better that can fill in.
  12. SJB612

SJB612 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +306
    Totally my bad. I thought that was Koehne at RT early in the game. Guess it was Moore. Maybe he is still hurt? Seemed like he wasn't doing much after his first attempt at a block. Wasn't hustling to the second level or chasing the plays at all. Heard so many good things about him coming into the season. Rough night.
  13. demosthenes

Ratings Received:
    +982
    Not just you. I messed their names up too.
  14. enviroGator

enviroGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +290
    I noticed a few of the "wiffs" I saw were due to either -

a) a screen play. Your supposed to wiff.
    b) a zone blocking scheme where a pulling linemen was taking his "guy".. ie, he wasn't supposed to block that guy

I did watch 73 pretty close after the comments, and he does seem way too tentative. But at least some of his "wiffs" were designed wiffs.
  15. SJB612

SJB612 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +306
    Watching the film is a real eye opener. In real time, you can't watch everyone, so you tend to just watch the QB and the ball. There was a series there a little over 3 minutes in where we had first and goal and we ran the wildcat, which always seems to result in lost yardage. If you watch Moore, he doesn't block the D-lineman, goes to the second level and doesn't block anyone there either (this happened several times). Burton comes to the right side and gets tackled by Moore's man. On the very next play, the entire offensive line is crashing down to the left, the running play is to the left, and Moore is pulling to the right where there are no defenders and no one following him. Either bad play design, or he was supposed to pull to the left and pick up the LB that tackled us in the backfield. The next play, he doesn't stay on the DE very long and he forces Murphy to scramble out of the pocket and not get the first down.

Time and time again, you can see where a missed assignment or guys only hitting their man once instead of staying on them results in lost yardage or Murphy having to scramble out of the pocket and make plays. The O-line really needs to come together and play well for this team to have success the rest of the way or Murphy is going to end up like Driskel.
  16. gatorkev_85

gatorkev_85 Member

Ratings Received:
    +13
    I noticed on 4 runs by Jones the hole was not there but the outside was all day with blockers and he still chose to run where nothing was there.