All of Florida offensive plays vs Arkansas [video]

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by GATORAZ, Oct 7, 2013.

1. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
  2. demosthenes

demosthenes Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,244
    I'm on my phone and the video quality is unwatchable. Does anyone else have that problem?
  3. gatorr4life

gatorr4life Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,594
    Yes. I'm on an iPad and it doesn't even show up. From time to time it works though.
  4. GatorFanNGA

GatorFanNGA Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +27
    Same
  5. demosthenes

Ratings Received:
    +1,244
    Looks like the video has been fixed.

I still can't believe how bad our offensive line is. It's hard watching Koehne just get pushed back or whiff on blocks. I saw one play where he punched a DL pretty good though. Would like to set a lot more of that.

Jones looks like he's stuck in molasses until the second half when he then looks just serviceable.

Liked the Showers TD. Reminded me of the days with AHern taking those inside pitches from Tebow.

Patton and Dunbar are really showing themselves to be the playmakers. We need to get even more explosive. A third WR playmaker like Robinson would be nice since we have a nice possession receiver in Burton. Obviously RB production is an issue too.
  6. Spleezy

Spleezy Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +68
    Pretty Dysfunctional until the 2nd quarter when Murphy got on target. We have to run better this week.....it was abysmal. Love the play selection minus the wildcat/stretch play run sequence after the Purifoy strip/fumble.
  7. PIMking

PIMking New Member

Ratings Received:
    +894
    Download protuber. It will allow you to watch in HD
  8. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    We need to block better up front Halipio was letting that DT for Arky get across his face in the first half and the RB's had no where to go. Humphries missed his man on some outside runs and screens. The fullbacks were missing blocks as well. A few times the backs probably could have bounced it outside but the people in front have to do a better job. More zone read might have helped as well
  9. Nubla

Nubla Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +40
    Man oh man I love watching Murphy play. I honestly don't believe Florida has had such a high IQ QB starting for the team since Chris Leak. Calm, climbs the pocket. How many instances did you think the play was over but just by pocket movement Murphy kept it alive?

He doesn't scramble east-west like what athletes (normally in high school) like to do. He climbs the pocket. It's really refreshing to see this.
  10. demosthenes

Ratings Received:
    +1,244
    Murphy, Tebow, and Grossman were able extend plays in their own ways. I'm having a lot of fun watching Murphy play. It's never dull and you always get the feeling something big is about to happen.
  11. gator07

gator07 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +703
    Love how Pease tried to set up the deep ball a couple of times this game - once with the flea-flicker earlier and once later in the second half. Glad to see its at least in the back of our mind to beat teams deep over the top as much as we invite them into the box with all of the running.
  12. Lawdog88

Lawdog88 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,341
    More than several times, Jones cuts back to the inside where the tacklers are, instead of heading for the edge where the numbers are favorable. Hard to tell why.

Some of the run failure was due to blocking; some of it was due to the backs not reacting to the called play being plugged, and improvising.

Arky did run a basic 4 man front, with the linebackers cheating much of the time.
  13. enviroGator

enviroGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +358
    Thanks for posting this! Not sure if your doing them or finding them Az, but thanks one way or another.

First let me say, if you can't enjoy that offense, you have something wrong with you. That was fun, and very unpredictable - at least until the game was in the bag.

Also, maybe this is the first time I watched with the sound on, but I love how it is the UF radio sound over the TV video. Who ever is mixing it is doing an amazing job.. or maybe it just happens to line up so well.

Back to the game...

That was not a run first offense in the first half. I didn't notice how many pass and trick plays we had on first down until watching this. I liked it.

Patton is the MAN! We may have found our 1000yd WR! Dude has play maker written all over him.

Murphy was great. Loved the movement in the pocket - like another posted, those step-up into the pocket made things happen for us. And his scrambles were good too. Maybe he could learn to give up on a play and throw it away a tad sooner in some of those jail break rushes where he has 4 men on him.

Pass blocking looked much better, but that is probably more due to Murphy's pocket awareness as anything. It could be that some of the "bad pass blocking" in the past had more to do with the QB's lack of movement in the pocket.

Run game didn't look great early but seemed to come on mid-game.

I'd grade it out like so -

QB - A
    RB - C
    WR - A
    TE - I (maybe they did some good blocking, but I don't recall them catching any passes)
    OL - B-

Coaching - B+
  14. SJB612

SJB612 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +400
    Man, just try watching Koehne at right tackle early in the game. What a drop off from Green to Moore to Koehne. He looks so out of position, just whiffing on blockers left and right. At 3:53 he had three guys he could have blocked and he whiffed on all of them. Green may turn out to be the biggest loss of the season. I feel bad for him. Seems way out of position, although they talk all the time about how he has trained at all 5.
  15. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    libgator makes them he post here sometimes I just subscribe to his youtube page
  16. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    I said this last week. Who would have thought that a year ago that we would lose Driskel Easley Green and Green would be the player we missed the most?
  17. demosthenes

Ratings Received:
    +1,244
    Yes, it's painful.

What is up with Moore anyway?
  18. IrishGator

IrishGator Member

Ratings Received:
    +5
    The thing that is most amazing is that Koehne didn't play RT the entire game. If fact, until Harrison was tossed, he wasn't on the field except for FG. The only position he played was center.
  19. demosthenes

Ratings Received:
    +1,244
    I assume this is some kind of joke, right?
  20. IrishGator

IrishGator Member

Ratings Received:
    +5
    Ah no...what game were you watching?