Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Aileen Cannon thread

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by okeechobee, Feb 23, 2024.

1. mikemcd810

mikemcd810 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I won't say that Trump will definitely be convicted in Manhattan, but to say the case was DOA is a gigantic stretch and your track record of absolutism predictions is quite frankly, terrible. It's also quite the stretch to call the Fulton DA "ultra-corrupt" because she hired her boyfriend. Then if I don't agree with your "maybe they tried the classified docs case in South Florida because it's a political stunt and they don't have the intention of convicting a former POTUS" then I have my head in the sand? You're just wildly speculating and there's nothing in Jack Smith's indictments or filings to back up your claim that this is a solely a political stunt. Why did he bring the case in South Florida instead of DC? I don't know. It's ok to say when you don't know something rather than making up outlandish theories like all of these indictments were never intended to be resolved before the election. You'd be well served to try it sometime.

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. mikemcd810

Apr 3, 2007
    Obviously I can't prove it but I strongly suspect you would feel differently if it were Biden facing these charges under the exact same fact pattern.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    And I could say the same about you

4. mikemcd810

Apr 3, 2007
    You could but I've been quite consistent that anyone, whether Democrat or Republican, should be investigated, let the legal system play out, and be held accountable if warranted. I believe in the institution of justice over the letter next to someone's name.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist

Apr 3, 2007
    This is out of my expertise, so all my opinions would be second hand. I’m interested in how you do seem to have a strong opinion here. What exactly are the criteria for doing a great job in a case like this?

6. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    I think it's awesome she not caving to the left with all the false claims about her. She sticking to the facts and not allowing Smith to push this week case through like most of the other liberal Judges have allowed in the other cases against President Trump. She is making Smith actually work to prove his weak case against our President .

The DOJ's Doctored Crime Scene Photo of Mar-a-Lago Raid (declassified.live)

A Stunt with Potentially Case-Killing Consequences for DOJ
    New court filings in Special Counsel Jack Smith’s espionage and obstruction case against Trump and two co-defendants conclusively demonstrate that the government used the cover sheets to deceive the public as well as the court. The photo was a stunt, and one that adds more fuel to this dumpster-fire case.

Jay Bratt, who was the lead DOJ prosecutor on the investigation at the time and now is assigned to Smith’s team, described the photo this way in his August 30, 2022 response to Trump’s special master lawsuit:

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  7. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist

Apr 3, 2007
    Thanks fl. I agree with you that we don’t want judges that cave to political pressure, but I also don’t see any clear test for caving to political pressure. Many believe that she actually is caving to political pressure from the right. Would that be any better?

8. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    If she was actually doing that, then no.

9. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Addressing your take on the Georgia case. Even if Willis's behavior was less than exemplary the trial court judge Scott McAfee found that her behavior didn't prejudice the case against Trump or the other defendants and according to the legal talking heads who have reviewed his opinion reversal is extremely unlikely. As in the other pending cases against the defeated indicted former president the appeal is essentially another delaying tactic.

10. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    Such decisions by the DOJ where to try an ex-POTUS aren’t made trivially. Surely, you understand this. (even though you clearly don’t)

11. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    He tries so hard to be smart, but misses every time. He’s chemgator lite.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist

Apr 3, 2007
    I also agree, but the question is how do we know when this happening? What is our test for political bias?

13. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    I think it's common sense

14. mikemcd810

Apr 3, 2007
    You're right that they're not made trivially which is why I won't profess to know exactly what went I to the decision. We can safely rule out that he chose Florida hoping to get Cannon to sabotage his own case. Far more likely is that DC would have led to challenges on venue given that most of the conduct occurred in Florida which was likely to delay the trial regardless of judge.

15. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Good on Judge Cannon:

1. The special council is unconstitutional as he wasn't approved by the senate.

2. Instead of working independently, Jack Smith was coordinated by Dictator Biden and Merrick Garland.

3. The historical FBI raid on Trump's private home overreached into taking personal things that should have never been touched.

4. The FBI pictures used FBI planted evidence documents to make the documents President Trump had look far worse than it was. The FBI planted the Top-Secret cover page documents that were leaked to the liberal press which dutifully became the attack dog to stir up the masses around the country and around the world. The FBI framed President Trump.

5. Jack Smith mishandled the classified documents that he accused President Trump of mishandling. He admitted to Judge Cannon that he mislead the court, a fancy way of saying he lied to Judge Cannon, and admitted he mishandled classified documents including the use of FBI planted cover pages marked top secret in red and in big letters.

Thank you, Judge Cannon, for finally putting this case in File 13 where it belongs. The next step will be dismissal.

For those of you butt hurt over Judge Cannon's decision, tough titty said the kitty when the milk ran dry. If not for your TDS, I'm sure you are exceptionally intelligent rational thinking people.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    Pure nonsense.

I love how every MAGAt has become a technical excuse attorney so they can avoid looking at the horrible crimes Trump has committed.

"Yeah, he did these things but he shouldn't be convicted because the FBI agents wore the wrong sunglasses one day so you have to give Trump a pass."

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  17. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Seek help for your TDS. I'm going to pray for you.

• Like Like x 1
  18. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    Good call surrendering to your betters. You could also post an off topic meme if you want, that's how most losers here surrender.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Actually you may be correct regarding the last sentence although perhaps not for the reasons that you apparently believe. A number of the legal talking heads Andrew Weissmann among them pointed out that while Cannon is obviously intentionally delaying the commencement of Trump's trial her rulings have not been sufficiently egregious that they could result in her compelled recusal. She is indeed doing a great job not in the interest of justice but to protect the interests of the president who appointed her to the bench and was confirmed by the Senate after he had lost his bid for reelection.

Last edited: May 9, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Actually the real form of Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS) is the extreme form of Narcissistic Personal Disorder exhibited by the defeated indicted former president and the need for his cult like supporters to defend him regardless of his behavior.

Trump Derangement Syndrome is real but it's not what they say it is
    Perhaps you should seek help for your TDS.
    upload_2024-5-9_12-17-11.jpeg

Last edited: May 9, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1