After Re-watching the film.

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by Swamp_Thang, Sep 2, 2013.

1. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,136
    I don't disagree at all. My expectation for the season was either 9-3 or 10-2 given our personnel losses, though I think we could conceivably be better.

But your previous post essentially suggested we would lose every contestable game this year (LSU, UGA, SC, FSU), plus one upset. Sure, while that is theoretical possible (like my mother-in-law thinking critically about something), it is extremely unlikely that a modestly talented team can't seem to win a single tough game and still gets upset somewhere along the way. Heck, Zook's last team at least beat FSU. A 7-5 finish would assume some pretty catastrophic conditions given the quality of talent we have on the defensive side of the ball and in the run game, like our placekicking going to shambles or a multi-game injury to Driskel.
  2. Wormwood56

Wormwood56 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,055
    While I don't believe it will happen, Nicho. I can see a 7-win scenario with a key injury.

@Miami - toss-up. I think our defense can contain Miami, but I am not going to bet the mortgage our offense will score more points than theirs.

@LSU - toss-up. Game is at Red Stick at night. LSU's defense looks as strong as ever, and Mettenberger looks to have had the light bulb turn on against a good defense at TCU.

@Mizzou - toss-up. Mizzou was riddled by injuries last year and had as brutal a schedule as Florida's. Not completely confident we will beat them after only beating them 14-7 at home last year.

Georgia - tossup. The Dawgs are talented. They won last year, and could very well win this year as well.

Vandy - tossup. I wasn't sold on Vandy last year, and this year's game is at home. We haven't lost to the 'Dores since Reagan was President, but they always seem to play us tough.

@USCe - tossup. Their defense worries me, with our offense. It will doubtless be a low-scoring game with two strong defenses and two mediocre offenses. That said, USCe may be aboe to score more than we do, based on their two-headed quarterback.

FSU - tossup. By the time the end of the year rolls around, FSU will be stronger than they are now. I don;t sell the Noles short simply because they are the Noles. They are a tough team.

SECCG - tossup. If we get that far, we will likely face Alabama. Not sure i want to face them.

Bowl Game - tossup. Always is, especially now that it is OK to view the bowl game as a "meaningless exhibition." That is, unless Florida loses most of those games.

Say we split the tossups 50/50. 8-4 (not counting the SECCG or bowl game)

But if, say, Driskel goes down, we could go 7-5. Heck, we could have a losing record.

Personally, I think 8-4/9-3 is likely. But we could be plagued with bad luck and injuries. The question then will be: will Gator fans take bad luck and injuries into account, or will they blame Boom for everything, regardless of mitigating factors. I suspect that if we lose to the Dawgs again, Boom will be the escape goat.
  3. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    Wormwood56 everybody knows if Jeff goes down this season is over
  4. Wormwood56

Wormwood56 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,055
    Fear not. Even if Jeff goes down, Boom will be blamed.
  5. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    Well if Jeff gets hurt and we lose a bunch of games Boom has to get some of the blame he missed on QB's two years in a row
  6. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,136
    Miami, Mizzou, and Vandy as "tossup" games? Really? It would take nearly catastrophic events for us to lose to Vandy at home, and Mizzou isn't that far off, either. I could potentially see us losing the Miami game, but that doesn't make it a "tossup." We are more talented than them and we have some decided matchup advantages. If they win, it is a surprise, not even odds.
  7. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    Wormwood56 is just trying to bring down expectations for the team because if we dont meet expectations everybody says fire the coach. If we are 7-5 in year 3 I think you have to say Muschamp might not be the man for the job.

You also have to understand he picked TCU to beat LSU because of returning starters on paper.
  8. UFFL

UFFL Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +848
    Skylar Mornhinwheg (sp?) would save the day guys. The kid is really good.

We are improved in almost every way between game 1 of 2012 and game 1 of 2013. We lost a good amount of guys to the NFL/graduation. We are lucky to even have sustained success, so our performance Saturday was reassuring. We did what we wanted, how we wanted, when we wanted. It was totally worth these 2nd-degree sunburns
  9. Gatorstooth

Gatorstooth New Member

Ratings Received:
    +19
    Does this help?

[​IMG]
  10. MaceoP

MaceoP Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +528
    Did you steal this image from your buddy nortonis?? Why don't you try something original.
  11. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,136
    He is partying like it is 2006.
  12. GatorBuc85

GatorBuc85 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    It seems like quite a bit of your posts are mirrors of themselves. You say something corny like "back up there skippy" or "easy there champ", which are pretty much the same little annoying sayings, trying to belittle someone... Then you continue you say something like you're not here to fight, but all you're doing is starting crap and not backing up anything of what you say. All you're doing is trolling over and over. I really have to wonder how old you are.
  13. T3goalie

T3goalie VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +22
    Only concern was JD putting the ball on the ground twice the only two times he did not have enough time to have a cup of coffee in the pocket. Can he play fast? I think that is the biggest question.
  14. neisgator

neisgator Belligerent Gator

Ratings Received:
    +106
    He is kind of a load.
    Reminded me, A LOT, of Terry Jackson.
  15. Nicho

Nicho Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,011
    Herndon could be on dancing with the stars someday. His footwork was special.
  16. toddsevans

toddsevans Gators3397 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +199
    Glad to see we have so many trolls on Gator Country. Gator Nation wannabe's
  17. neisgator

Ratings Received:
    +106
    Exhibit A of the sunshine crowd and their wonderful dialogue that he was talking about the negative nellies using.

You have to be a dolt or just a plain ass liar to not see which crowd on the average is not interested in a discussion. It isn't even close. Sunshine Crowd.

My take on the game, as I said on the Insider board:
    The game went about 90% of the way I thought it would. From a yardage scenario...run/pass scenario...and ultimately..a score scenario. I told all my friends here in Illinois to lay a huge amount on Toledo and the under. It was close on the side, but the Under was never in doubt once vegas put the line out. I thought we looked solid against a decent opponent.
  18. neisgator

Ratings Received:
    +106
    Mizzou lost absolutely no one last year.
  19. Jonas

Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +727
    Except it was a dumb penalty or a couple of more secs at the end from covering.
  20. neisgator

Ratings Received:
    +106
    Yep, it was...Horrible penalty. I predicted anywhere from a 9-17pt win. I predicted the total would not go over 44. My final prediction was a total of37 points. I got the line at 55.5..