Advocare Cleanse

Discussion in 'Gator Country Health and Fitness' started by MeyerIsBack, Dec 25, 2012.

1. MeyerIsBack

MeyerIsBack Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +228
    My parents got me this for Christmas :awkward:

Why on earth do people think they need to cleanse? This is a process your body is pretty efficient at without bingeing on fiber. I eat healthy and exercise the last thing I want to do is fill my body with unneeded chemicals. This was my sister's recommendation who is an Advocare rep. :jeez:

P.S. I don't mean to sound ungrateful (as I really don't want want any presents), I just hate the supplement/pseudo science/propoganda industry.
  2. Dreamliner

Dreamliner Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +845
    You're preaching to the choir. There's a sucker born every minute, no, every 30 seconds these days.
  3. LeafUF

LeafUF Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +356
    I love how these things all have reps. Its like a pyramid scheme. I know a few for Isagenix and I think they are nuts. Sorry your sister is one of them.
  4. Dreamliner

Ratings Received:
    +845
    On average, once a week, someone approaches me on the pretense that they're interested in working with me, me being a fitness trainer. Turns out they're multi-level and are hawking some supplement.
  5. MeyerIsBack

MeyerIsBack Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +228
    That is all it is. When something requires multi level marketing to sell, it must be garbage and/or insanely overpriced. I have yet to see an exception to this rule. I tell my sister this, her response is to have my parents buy it for me for Christmas. :awkward:

Now she calls me telling me about the 24 day challenge I have to do now that I have their products. I feel like I am in the twilight zone. I have never once expressed anything but extreme negativity for Advocare, she coerces my parents into buying it, and now she thinks I am a client. So now I am stuck between trying to not be rude to my parents or not taking a worthless supplement that makes me crap every 30 minutes. Thanks sis!
  6. Dreamliner

Ratings Received:
    +845
    Sounds like you and Sis have a larger issue to hash out. Good luck! :wink: