Adviser: Ben Carson Is ‘Very, Very Serious’ About Running For President

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by dadx4, Aug 16, 2014.

1. philobeddoe

philobeddoe Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +674
    Oh .... not when a leftie uses that term to describe a conservative black-American. Lefties are incapable of racism ... especially liberal media guys and liberal attorneys ......just ask one.
  2. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,065
    Why would we want another inexperienced black man? If Ben Carson were not black he wouldn't be nearly as popular.
  3. rivergator

rivergator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,367

actually, i think name calling like that is stupid. but it's not racist.
  4. rivergator

Ratings Received:
    +2,367
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/ben-carson-comparisons-nazi-germany
  5. rivergator

Ratings Received:
    +2,367
    Carson doesn't have much faith in the United States:

http://thinkprogress.org/election/2014/09/28/3573103/ben-carson-anarchy-election/
  6. MichiGator2002

MichiGator2002 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,742
    So your thought, river, is that "faith in the United States" means ignoring an objective reality of potentially destabilizing factors? I think Ben Carson has more faith in the United States than our current President and anyone in his administration; nobody can have faith in the United States, sincerely believe in it, and think it needed or needs to be "fundamentally transformed" after all.
  7. rivergator

Ratings Received:
    +2,367
    I think the US is far too fundamentally sound to fall into anarchy within the next two years. It's an absurd statement by someone who makes a lot of them.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. MichiGator2002

Ratings Received:
    +3,742
    And you don't think the fact that the line is now drawn over how quickly a reasonable person could argue for a potential breakdown of civil society is, in and of itself, cause for concern? Because that's what we've got left at this point, dickering over when rather than what it should be, namely, something that just doesn't really cross our mind.

Incidentally, how are you drawing "falling into anarchy" from "there is no telling what could happen"? Maybe what could happen is the bottom giving out on the overvalued market and it being right back down at 6000 or so; maybe what happens could mean a lot of things. If you think "falling into anarchy" is one, more power to you, but you're attributing it to Carson as though that's what he said.
  9. rivergator

Ratings Received:
    +2,367
    Just so I'm clear:
    Your first point was that it's perfectly valid for Carson to think and claim that the U.S. is so weak that it could fall into anarchy within the next two years.
    Your second is that Carson wasn't talking about anarchy?
  10. MichiGator2002

Ratings Received:
    +3,742
    No, my first point was that if we're even open to discussing when (as opposed to "if") a reasonable person may or may not anticipate the breakdown of the civil society in the US, Something Has Gone Wrong.

Yes, that you falsely attributed that to what he actually said solely to marginalize his concerns over the current direction of the country.
  11. rivergator

Ratings Received:
    +2,367
    I think my point is that Carson isn't the least bit reasonable on this.

Right.
    First, Carson said:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...183400-2e5e-11e4-994d-202962a9150c_story.html

So, on Fox Radio, Alan Colmes asks him about that:
    So, on Fox News, Wallace asks him about that, which is quoted above. " You said recently that there might not even be elections in 2016 because of widespread anarchy. Do you really believe that?"
    And your response is that any claim that Carson was talking about anarchy is completely false.
    Good one.
  12. MichiGator2002

Ratings Received:
    +3,742
    I was replying to your interpretation of the answer, in which he makes no mention of anarchy, and had no other context *shrug*.

As for the "election in 2016" thing, I could probably find more than a few liberals circa 2005 to 2008 quipping the same thing about Bush actually leaving office. I'll be honest, I've been an adult for the end of two different two term Presidencies, and this will be the third, and I always kinda tense up on the actual turning over of power. Stems from knowing some world history. Who was it that said George Washington actually leaving office was one of the biggest moments in American history? They were right.
  13. g8tr80

g8tr80 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,133
    Its not racist. its bigoted.
  14. g8tr80

g8tr80 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,133
    And I would hope this country would learn its lesson from the last rookie we elected. Like Florida football, the United States presidency is not a good place to learn on the job. Our next president must have run or accomplished something.
  15. rivergator

Ratings Received:
    +2,367
    Wallace's question: " You said recently that there might not even be elections in 2016 because of widespread anarchy. Do you really believe that?" and the fact that Carson didn't respond with "Hey, I never said anything about anarchy ..." and instead answered with "I hope that that’s not going to be the case. But certainly there’s the potential ..." didn't give you a clue that he might have talked about anarchy?
    Instead, you decided to ignore all that and claim I simply made up any reference to 'anarchy?'
    Good one.

So your answer now is 'Some liberals probably said the same thing ...'
    Does that mean they made every bit as much sense in 2006 as Carson is now?

If someone said that then, he was an idiot. Just like Carson for saying it now.
    • Winner Winner x 1