Advice on how to stop eating like a degenerate...

Discussion in 'Gator Country Health and Fitness' started by oI2ange, Apr 26, 2012.

1. oI2ange

oI2ange Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +107
    update: i've definitely lost a good amount of body fat % over the last few months. i've started to skip breakfast and have had good results- i don't really miss the extra calories much and can function fine without it. haven't really had too many huge eating degenerate moments...last weekend i went to taco bell after eating a large dinner (sure didn't need that)...but no big pizza fiascos.

i'll be going on vacation here in a bit so maybe i'll gain some back...but i'm extremely happy with my results. thanks to everyone again.
  2. fubar1

fubar1 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +454
    I applaud anyone who's taking on the challenge of eating healthy and keeping their weight in check.

I've been a convert to fruits and vegetables and eating organic over the last 5 years. It's not necessarily a weight loss accelerator, but you'll feel better for it. Many more nutrients than other foods and will keep you feeling less bloated and run down.

Speaking of bloated...my new fascination is with recent studies showing the harmful effects of foods that cause inflamation, and how inflamation is really one of the primary causes of later diseases...diabetes, cardiovascular disease, cancer, etc.

Basically, processed sugar, carbs, etc are literally killers in this regard. Interesting reading to say the least.
  3. Juggernautz

Juggernautz Don't Tread on me! VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +714
  4. Dreamliner

Dreamliner Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +805
    Yes ... didn't think much of it.
  5. ATL_Gator

ATL_Gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,399
    I have not. Haven't decided if I want to waste my time with it, from what I understand.

The China Study, which I think this movie is largely based on, has been largely discredited, and at worst is mostly false and made up. At best, it is just a practice in very POOR scientific study and data gathering. As far as I understand. (haven't read this either).

Anyway, these "meat is bad for you" movies/arguments reminds me of a line...

"I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to eat plants"

Aside from that... Lets assume that 100% of the planet suddenly went vegan. Ever think what would happen then? Would we survive? Keep in mind, not only would we be needing more plants to survive as a population, but the animals that would have otherwise been eaten and know nothing of population control would also be eating our ONLY food soruce as well. AS I see it, the current population levels would be unsustainable and mass famine would ensue.

Compound that last problem with eliminating technology from plant based farming, and go old school completely organic. Dealing with pests and crop losses, and all that sort.
  6. LeafUF

LeafUF Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +344
    I watched about the first 20 minutes of it and realized it was complete garbage then shut it off.

I do find it funny that back to back posts basically reference two different villains for the same problems.
  7. Dreamliner

Dreamliner Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +805
    Meat and sugar are killing us! We're all going to die!
  8. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,046
    back to the original point of this thread being bumped, good job oI2ange, it's not always easy but totally worth it.
  9. fubar1

fubar1 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +454
    Or, you could just maintain the population of certain farm animals by not allowing them to breed uncontrollably? :)