Adonis Thomas needs to attend FNL for Gators sake

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by subtle_gator, Jul 14, 2014.

1. subtle_gator

subtle_gator Member

Ratings Received:
    +105
    Lawrenceville (Ga.) Central Gwinnett linebacker Adonis Thomas made the trip to Alabama this weekend, the final visit before the 6-foot-4, 219-pound rising senior announces his commitment Aug. 1 between Alabama and Florida. An important factor in this trip for Adonis is that both his dad and his mom made the trip. Tuscaloosa is the only place they've all been more than
    once. Each school has impressed the parents, but coming into the weekend, the two each had their own preference in staff based on personality.
    At this point, 247Sports is hearing that Alabama and Florida are about dead even for Thomas, a four-star and considered the No. 17 prospect in Georgia, No. 10 outside linebacker in the country and No. 110 overall prospect in the 2015 class. Word is that the family had a blast while on campus, with both parents loving the visit, and that Nick Saban did a good job of laying out Alabama's depth cart. Saban also let him know that even if Adonis committed to Florida, Alabama was still going to continue recruiting him.
    Twenty-three of 24 Crystall Ball predictions are in favor of the Gators landing Thomas.

[​IMG]
    Best visit I've been on!!! #RTR
    � Adonis Thomas (@_SimplyThatGuy5) July 13, 2014
  2. ctresh

ctresh Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +663
    This is not good news. Hopefully he sees that we're a better for for him and commits to us.
  3. Briang8r

Briang8r Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +614
    Ouch. The staff has got to get him to come to FNL and solidify the lead we've had on this kid seemingly forever. Lose out on Thomas, and our options are starting to get pretty thin at LB. I hear ND is a real player for Coney, and Holland is 50/50 at best between us and AU. Remember, we took 0 LBs last year. We need to sign at least 3 this year.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,896
    Our depth chart has to be appealing. Bama took the four LBs last cycle, two top 10 OLB. 2012 had another four LBs, 2013 two listed at MLB, and two so far in this cycle listed at MLB. Bama seems to recruit a lot of MLB types and I guess for AT's profile quite a few LBs on Bama's roster don't look like position competition when Saban explains their depth chart. But nonetheless, those guys will be competing for PT somewhere on the field. If I were him I'd want to be part of Saban's elite, but I know our depth chart looks much more appealing. If he were a MLB type for gosh sake I hope he would pick us, seems like a slam dunk. But if he's enamored enough with Bama he will be able to convince himself he can find a place on the field. Guess we will see.
  5. slayerxing

slayerxing Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,107
    LB is so important this year so I hope this is a battle that UF wins. It's always tough going head to head with Alabama.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. PSGator66

PSGator66 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +830
    We have had excellent defenses lately and Durkin is a solid recruiter.