Abu commits to N.C. State basketball

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by HallGator, Sep 7, 2013.

1. jmac83

jmac83 Member

Ratings Received:
    +124 / 5 / -2
    Not sure of your point. Chris Walker, if he can get admitted to school, is presumed by many to be a one-and-done, maybe a 1 1/2-and-done, candidate. Does that diminish the program's need for him?
  2. REM08

REM08 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +514 / 32 / -28
    Dave Telep tweeted that his visit to NC St and the "hoops cache" of Raleigh were two determining factors for Abu. Sometimes, I think there's something to be said for the cultural vibe of college sports when it comes to recruiting. He landed in a basketball state in an area where college basketball is the number 1 passion 12 months a year. I'm not saying NC St was the smart decision, but this was an advantage for them that some kids care about more than others.

I can't say I'd be too certain about his ego either. Maybe it played into this decision, but it didn't appear to be such a problem that it kept Donovan from wanting him to be a gator.

This miss just means landing a surprise or a key transfer are all the more important (to state the obvious). Given Donovan's consistent success over the years, I honestly wouldn't be too worried about the teams he'll put on the floor in the future.
  3. tegator80

tegator80 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,474 / 31 / -8
    I think it is more like, get enough paper cuts and pretty soon you are going to get some significant blood loss. I feel the frustration. Just have to keep the faith.