Abdul Malik Abu final 4

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by GATORAZ, Aug 7, 2013.

1. tampajack1

tampajack1 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +283
    One reason is that the top kids want immediate playing time. So a big guy looks at UF and sees that there is a good chance that he will be coming off the bench next season. Now if Chris Walker goes into the draft after this season, UF might have big guys knocking down the door to get a UF offer. However, at that point we will be down to the remaining spring signees.
  2. Jonas

Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +365
    I also don't think it's unlikely that Chris Walker stays for his second year.
  3. ufla5220

ufla5220 Editor & Reporter

Ratings Received:
    +1,784
    Walker will be here for however long he is eligible in 2013-14 and for the 2014-15 season. Count on it. The sources are extraordinary.
  4. ufla5220

ufla5220 Editor & Reporter

Ratings Received:
    +1,784
    Most of the basketball recruiting experts have Abu as a Florida-UConn battle with the Gators moving into a lead. Of course, a lot can happen between now and the time he announces, but for the moment, at least, momentum is on Florida's side.
  5. demosthenes

demosthenes Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +630
    I think that's smart considering Chris needs polishing and the 2014 draft appears to be one of the strongest ever.
  6. kygator

kygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +219
    So I read another thread this morning and one of the prominent insiders seemed pretty pessimistic about our chances. I don't know if it is considered appropriate to mention the site or the poster but you would know who I am talking about.

Then I go to another gator site that had quotes from Abu and it seemed pretty positive, although that rarely mean much.

Now I read your post that most have us tied with UConn and that we have momentum on our side.

When is he announcing because this is too much of a roller coaster for me. :grin:
  7. chompalot

chompalot Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +342
    I don't know how accurate this is.