A supporter of Obamacare becomes vicitim of the law

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by PSGator66, Sep 10, 2013.

1. PSGator66

PSGator66 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +663
  2. g8orbill

g8orbill Gators VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +8,537
    just one of what will become thousands
  3. tegator80

tegator80 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,845
    Pre-existing conditions is THE slippery slope in the financial viability of Obamacare. It may not be fair but you can't manufacture the resources after the fact and still remain in business.

Ultimately there is going to be either a cartel of a few powerful insurance companies or a single-payer (read the IRS) system.
  4. PSGator66

PSGator66 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +663
    The pre-existing condition is something that needs to be addressed in healthcare no doubt but I think Obamacare overall is a bust.
  5. Gatormb

Gatormb Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +785
    I have the same plan because the company my company associated with for six months went under and no cobra was offered. In the meantime I was diagnosed with high blood sugar, not awful but high (165), which got me turned down by the major carriers. Had to wait six months uninsured and got in two weeks before they dropped the program (Feb. of this year).

Premiums are $420/month, $2k ded with max $6k OOP.

Last month I got some blurred vision in upper right 25% of both eyes. Eye doctors thought I'd possibly had had a stroke and it was 24 hours of MRI's, CAT scans, heart sonograms, CAT scans with dye injected, the whole nine yards.

Only thing they found was slightly low potassium, Thyroid a little off and cholesterol (not high) "ratios" need improving.

Sight is fine now but I don't look forward to having to replace the PECP plan with this on my record. The only company offer before was $1,500/mo with a $10k deductable.

So far, no bills from the hospital. Perhaps because, unbeknownst to me at the time, a friend who works there told them I was her brother in law. Probably not but will tell you it sure helped with the expedited testing.
  6. northgagator

northgagator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +98
    I guess Pelosi and everyone else should of read the bill before voting on it.

I wonder how the Kool Aid (or is Kill Aid?) drinkers are going to spin this one.
  7. ArtDeco

ArtDeco Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +381
    We are all victims.
    Our town has lost 4 doctors in a year and a half.
    Instead of turning a blind eye, I'm trying to absorb what I can (and kill myself in the process). Some patients thank me and bless me for giving them a place to go for medical care when their doctor abandoned them, others bitch and moan about the wait times and how this office doesn't do this like my old doctor blah blah...
    This is the new normal. Fewer doctors. Longer waits. Don't say we didn't warn you.
  8. Tasselhoff

Tasselhoff Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +168
    But obamacare won't cost anything...revenue nuetral. And I can keep my doctor and my insurance if I want it. Obama told me so...
  9. ArtDeco

ArtDeco Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +381
    After reading the article, what I don't understand is...
    if her medical condition is bankrupting her, bankrupted her state, bankrupted the federal program designed to help people like her, what do we expect it to do to the insurer that gets her as a customer?
    The liberal-minded on here are right about one thing, we can't just kick these cans down the road until they're someone else's problem. This needs an honest, serious discussion.
    In the meantime, these are real people, real stories, could be your wife, could be your neighbor.