A quick note about “reaching for your waistband while black”

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by akaijenkins1, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Gatormb

Gatormb Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,144
    Fashion world?:ninja: And he complained about being frisked?:ninja: Never mind. I kid.:shhh:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. kygator

kygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +254
    Yes, this was a pretty horrible example to use. It's not like the cop just saw some random black guy reaching into his waistband.
  3. FlyingGatorII

FlyingGatorII Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +739
    Though funny as hell (graphic language on link below warning here), Chris Rock brings up a lot of good advice for people of any color, though aimed specifically at blacks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj0mtxXEGE8
    • Like Like x 1
  4. akaijenkins1

akaijenkins1 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +195
    The known criminal was not the guy who ran and was shot, it was the person the wanted guy was with... whom, I might add, could have been wanted for tax evasion, parking tickets, a million other things, etc.

As I say in the original post, the St. Louis incident is the least interesting aspect of all this, the research cited and closing thesis were the point for me, I state that clearly. Why the conversation keeps getting drawn to what I openly admit in the OP is the least interesting aspect is beyond me. Doing so only reduces the conversation rather than enlarging it.
  5. akaijenkins1

Ratings Received:
    +195
    Alright, I laughed, REP!

But I'm telling you, this cat is very young and has women all over the world. It's a glorious life. I hate him somethin' fierce!
  6. akaijenkins1

Ratings Received:
    +195
    "You must spread some REPUTATION around before giving it to FlyingGatorII again."
  7. kygator

kygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +254
    The title you chose was reaching into your waistband while black. You then posted a link to a story about a particular incident. People then commented on it.

If you wanted the thread to only be about research involving weapons found on blacks when being searched, you should have used a different thread title and linked to the study.
  8. akaijenkins1

Ratings Received:
    +195
    Agree to disagree as the incident cited is more likely to occur in a situation where stop and frisk is the main law enforcement tactic employed on the basis of race.

What's MORE, the issue isn't about weapons being found on BLACKS it's about weapons being found on AMERICANS across all races at rates that don't justify current stop and frisk methods. The title I chose was the lead argument in the article containing the pertinent incident, research AND citations copied verbatim, to have a fully formed discussion on this topic.

If you don't have the energy to ingest the full spectrum don't comment on the thread, you don't have to and you shouldn't if you're not going to add anything, the thread was fine without you.

Now if you want to add something to the discussion do so, we're both just blowing hot air at this point. If you don't think the thread is worth speaking to, why post at all? I'm new here and genuinely curious why you posted, boss.

Consider these office hours, enlightenment me
  9. reformedgator

reformedgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +281
    I don't know if this been discussed but here in Orlando a sizeable % of the police force is black. If black cops are guilty of what's been discussed is it a racial thing or just a policy & procedure that's been adopted for whatever reason?
    Being a cop is not easy & there are plenty that shouldn't be, but constantly interacting with the dregs of society & in fear of being attacked does make one leery of everyone.
    Just a few days ago a young cop pulled over a car & immediately the bad guy jumped out & starting shooting hitting the cop in the stomach. Bad guy had 29 priors, in his 20's & began his lawbreaking when he was 9.
  10. Tasselhoff

Tasselhoff Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +439
    I reqd about rhat. Terrible story. Why do we keep letting repeat repeat offenders loose on society. Someones son, dad, husband is now dead because this pice of trah desearved yet another chance to reform?
  11. gator7_5

gator7_5 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +903
    Ex-con, warrant for arrest, runs from cops, and had to pick his pants up that were no doubt sagging below his ass.

Sounds like our society a real contributor. There goes the cure for cancer.