A Juror speaks

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by g8orbill, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Lawdog88

Lawdog88 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,635
    Reliable sources who tuned in some media today, report there is tremendous backlash against the juror for disclosing that there was no consideration of race in their decision. Seems that the jury's reasoning does not meet the race profiteers' approval.

Justice be damned.

Is that what they really, really want ? ?
  2. 1329gator

1329gator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +18
    As a permit holder and an adult GZ's standard of responsibility is definitely greater than a 17 yr old kids....no???
  3. MastaG8r

MastaG8r New Member

Ratings Received:
    +44
    If you're going to answer my post then answer with an answer, not a question. Look at the point of view I described. Is it yours? "Do I have that about right," or not?
  4. madgator

madgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +403

Profiling is only wrong when they don't profit from it.....if we are going to do away with racial categorization and profiling, then let's get rid of ALL OF IT.

from police profiling, to affirmative action, to government contract set asides, to hate crime legislation.

all based on racial profiling
  5. 1329gator

1329gator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +18
    The scenario u laid out was fabricated by the GZ's defense team and was quite effective...I highly doubt the events occurred as they portrayed them.....only 2 people know for sure and one has been forever silenced.
  6. MastaG8r

MastaG8r New Member

Ratings Received:
    +44
    So then how about this for a refreshing change of pace: Be honest and tell me there's no point in debating the Zimmerman case with you because all your beliefs about it are just assumptions and suppositions that can't be proven right or wrong, and nothing anyone can say could possibly convince you that your point of view isn't the correct one, because.....well, because Skittles. That's why.
  7. MichiGator2002

MichiGator2002 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,764
    I actually got some Skittles yesterday, since we are talking about the substance of the case. Now with green apple!
  8. 1329gator

1329gator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +18
    Pot meet kettle....there's really nothing to debate. I watched or listened to basically everything the jury heard and saw....I came to the same conclusion as the jury,the state didn't prove their case... end of story.
  9. MastaG8r

MastaG8r New Member

Ratings Received:
    +44
    I don't see any basis for the "pot meets kettle" remark. As far as the Jury's conclusion, aside from issuing the "Not Guilty" verdict only one of the Jurors has spoken so far, and she says she did believe Zimmerman's story. Not merely that the State didn't prove its case, but that she believed Zimmerman was innocent by reason of self defense.
  10. HallGator

HallGator Administrator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,198
    If TM wanted to confront GZ he should have done so verbally and left it at that. Could have called him a few names and still would not have justified an armed response.
  11. madgator

madgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +403

seems now that TM thought that Zimmerman was either a homosexual or a security guard/police officer.

it is also possible that TM got to his fathers place and then went back out to look for Zimmerman

TM WAS LOOKING FOR THE FIGHT

and to think, this kid was in the process of trying to illegally obtain a gun
  12. lacuna

lacuna Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +697
    Could you supply a link to substantiate Juror 37 intended to give the proceeds of the book to charity. I listened to both parts of the 19 plus minute interview posted on youtube and don't recall her saying that. Where did you hear it?

Nana commented earlier in the thread that you seemed somewhat defensive on behalf of Juror 37. I noted it, too. Do you perhaps know her personally?

I don't fault her personally. I was somewhat cynical regarding her earlier stated intention to write a book as I didn't / don't think it's right for anyone to realize any sort of profit from this tragedy. I think she made herself available for an interview too soon. I think it would have been better for her (perhaps jointly with others on the jury) to have released a statement of whatever length she or they chose, rather than to have subjected herself to questions that I think she was not adequately prepared to field.

As to whether the ladies of the jury are being "vilified" - like Nana, I don't know. But reading about the violent and vengeful attacks against innocent white and Hispanic individuals, I can easily believe ugly things are being said and written about them.

And to clarify my position - I have no problem with the verdict the jury reached. I agree with it. There was no evidence to convict GZ of the charges brought against him. I do, however, believe he bears moral responsibility in part for the tragic event. He acted a fool and his culpability in instigating the incident cannot be denied in my mind. But being a suspicious fool is not a criminal offense. May he become and remain a wiser man.
  13. DaveFla

DaveFla Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +979
    Maybe he was a member of Too Hot and was barred from calling another names...
  14. 1329gator

1329gator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +18
    The reason I said "pot meet kettle" was you stated my pov was unlikely to be changed...I could say the same.As far as the juror goes,she also said when deliberations started the jury was tied 3 to 3...
  15. HallGator

Ratings Received:
    +3,198
    Might have been. I'm trying to think which member hasn't been around lately.
  16. 1329gator

1329gator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +18
    How do you know the chain of events went down like that ?For all we know GZ may have reached for his weapon and that's when he got clocked or tackled...the defenses chain of events is not fact just in this case they were able to weave a better story...
  17. DaveFla

DaveFla Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +979
    The evidence simply doesn't support that theory.
  18. HallGator

Ratings Received:
    +3,198
    Same reason the jurors felt like it went down like that. The evidence pointed in that direction.
  19. 1329gator

1329gator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +18
    The fact of the matter there was zero concrete evidence of the initial encounter....basically speculation and GZ's account...
  20. LittleBlueLW

LittleBlueLW Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,043
    Oh, but there was concrete. I am sure no pun on your part was intended.