A Few Thoughts on the Gators

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by Gatorhead, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Gatorhead

Gatorhead Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +176
    To begin - Congratulations to the Coaches and players for reaching the Final Four and treating us fans to
    an incredible season. Caution: this thread is all over the place - read at your own risk!

Regarding Coach - A number of talking heads have suggested this is Billy's finest coaching effort.
    I don't know if it is or isn't but I won't argue the point, it's been fantastic!
    His substitution patterns have been great IMO. Love his timeout calls as well.

Kasey Hill - I'm so impressed with what that kid is doing. IMO his speed and unselfish play
    (and Scotties willingness to share the rock with him) give the Gators amazing options from the point.
    It seems to me that UF is most potent offensively when Hill is dishing on the fast break. Really love how Billy utilizes SW, KH, MF2 in his guard rotation.

MF2 - Love how plain spoken and "focused" this kid is with the media.

Scottie - Is it just me or is he getting a little tired of addressing the suspension / transfer issue with the media.

Patrick - He is very eloquent / well spoken, I could see this dude having a broadcasting future.

Do-Do - Playing great just find that range from 3 !

Back to Billy - For those that don't, do yourself a favor and watch his press conferences !
    After Dayton he was coaching, he recognized that the second half was not the Gators best - already coaching em up at the press conference.

Go Gators !!! Whip UCONN
    • Like Like x 3
  2. themistocles

themistocles Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +367
    Head - this is about the 7th such thread.

But, Yes.
  3. orlandogator

orlandogator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +163
    Wow you are spot on!!

It is all over the place.
  4. oneatatime

oneatatime Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +261
    I am particularly impressed with his substitution patterns, how each game can be totally different.

Case in point: the two freshmen vs UCLA when compared to Dayton