A couple of points

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by Drewsagator, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Drewsagator

Drewsagator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +8
    Here are a few things that occurred to me from this loss....just want to see if others on here feel the same way or if I'm basing this on emotion after losing 2 out of our last 3 games including last years bowl game.

1. Muschamp is not a very good situational coach. He seems to fall prey to the offensive scheme that we are in and do what I consider to be irrational things like trying a 2 point conversion after our 1st TD...WHY ?? Has our PK missed an extra point so far !!! Maybe it is just me but if our philosophy is to be conservative this goes against the grain and was an unnecessary risk at a point where we could have taken momentum away.

2. Going for it on 4th down from the 20 yard line. At this point in the game to me at least I felt we had regained control on defense and our offense was moving the ball between the 20's.....I know that Hardin missed a 39 yarder in the 1st game however IMO missing a FG in that situation would have been less emotionally defeating than getting stopped with 0 points to show for driving the ball into their territory for the 3rd time in the half.

3.Let me back up to the drive after Pattons great catch on the deep ball. Didn't we try the Wildcat in the same exact situation last week ??? Yet JD scored our 1st TD on a designed QB run.....How about trying what did work again in a similar situation instead of what didn't...JD has never shown the potential to be good at red zone passing, right ??? Worst case scenario is we kick another FG or attempt one anyway...it would have been a 25 or 30 yarder at the most..Again if our philosophy is to be conservative why are we putting yourselves in situations where the risk/reward goes against the percentages.....Who doesn't think we win this game going into halftime with a 14-13 score instead of a 14-6 score ????

The reason I brought these points up are to show that throughout the 2nd half their offense did nothing !!! We on the other hand moved the ball and eventually kicked a FG.....GUESS WHAT WE WOULD HAVE HAD THE LEAD and I guarantee you they would have folded up tent. They were holding their breath hoping we would keep shooting ourselves in the foot and OUR COACHES obliged them by not sticking to what they are supposed to be.....CONSERVATIVE !!!!

Before I end this rant, let me say that I feel we are still going to have a good year and probably win 9 or 10 games. I also think Muschamp is a good coach but I think he panics if he doesn't have an early lead and then puts the PLAYERS into situations where they are less likely to succeed.

Your thoughts please.