A call to remaining classy. (IRT Winston case)

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by tilly, Nov 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tilly

tilly Well-Known Member

Wilmington, NC (Jax Native...raised on the Gulf)
    Ratings Received:
    +2,257
    I am amazed as I read here that some (not many) but some seem to be rooting for Winston to face charges....but for the wrong reasons.

If he's guilty, then I hope he is dealt with appropriately...BUT...If for one minute your feelings on this case have anything to do with a football game, being played a week from Saturday, then please don't actually be foolish enough to post it.

We have all picked and prodded at other boards for their pathetic threads and posts. We have looked a lot like them this season. :wink: ...BUT...lets not cross that line. Lets not be THAT board, the board that loses focus of a rape because it somehow 'benefits' us by keeping a stud QB from lining up against us. If for one minute you let that be a factor, than you are discounting the victim.

Also lets not assume that all Noles fans are hoping he gets off. We all have friends, family, co-workers etc, that have aligned their allegiance with the dark side. But assuming they want a rapist to get off is ridiculous.

At the end of the day, this is a terrible situation that is much bigger than football.

Lets stay classy Gator Nation.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. UFGator05

UFGator05 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +533
    Was this thread really necessary? I haven't been on much lately, but I haven't seen anything that resembles a witchhunt. The Gator Nation is classy and the best in the nation IMO. Just seems to me we haven't been treating eachother very fairly lately regarding Muschamp and now this.

If anything, we need to respect eachother's opinions more and not tell fans how or what we should think. Just been really negative on here lately. Let's all try to be more positive, regardless of the difference in opinion from Muschamp's fate to Winston's case.
  3. FakeRickSutcliffe

FakeRickSutcliffe Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +393
    Yes we are...thanks in no small part to our resident Fan Police who instruct us on how to behave. :roll::wink::laugh:
  4. Tebowism0823

Tebowism0823 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,031
    That's exactly what his OP said. Seems you're on the same page with Tilly
  5. G8torsRUL

G8torsRUL Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +155
    If Winston doesn’t play becuase he’s suspended then I’m happy he’s not playing. Doesn’t mean I condone what he did at all. I’ve defended the girl since day one becuase rape is not a joke in my eyes. As a matter of fact, Noles keep telling me that they are going to “rape” florida next saturday. I’ve called a couple of my nole frineds out for this considering the word is froned upon, when used at a time like this. Just like when Ath. use the statement “go to war” when we are actually at war as a country.
  6. Tebowism0823

Tebowism0823 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,031
    Some need it....myself included at times lol
  7. tilly

tilly Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,257
    You're kind of making my point. It has been so negative lately. The JW discussions could be really ugly if priorities get out of line.

Was the thread necessary? I dont know. Is there such a thing?
    I just voiced a simple opinion. Nothing more. Nothing less.
  8. Tebowism0823

Tebowism0823 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,031
    Voice away Tilly. I'm with you!
  9. UFGator05

UFGator05 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +533
    Fair enough. I just don't think a thread needs to be made advising gator nation to keep it classy. Would be better served on somewhere like Warchant
  10. Lawdog88

Lawdog88 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,551
    I think everybody knows this is much more important than football.

Before this blew up, my thoughts were - and still are, actually - that I would like to see how our secondary competes with F$U's first team, and whether we can actually cover their receivers with Winston chucking. And no, I am not a masochist.

But if there is probable cause to believe that the QB has committed a sexual battery, Winston should first, be swiftly arrested and charged, and second, suspended, if that in fact is the NCAA and / or F$U official policy for dealing with players charged with a felony.

If there is no PC to believe an offense was committed, the State Attorney should swiftly make that decision and then fully explain why, to everyone.

Just let justice be done, whatever it is, without any political considerations.
  11. tilly

tilly Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,257

Sure, I'll give that a try. :roll::wink:
  12. RayGator

RayGator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,240
    Guys,

We do have 2 other Jameis Winston threads on page 1 on SwampGas. We would appreciate everyone using them. Keep in mind we are in the midst of the college football season. Many topics are posted and discussed. And of course we do have game threads right now. And of course only so many threads can be on page 1. If we were in the month of May or June etc in the off season of college football, it would not be a problem as it is in November when so much about college football is going on. So again, please use the 2 Winston threads that are posted.

If something major happens in the Winston saga, such as maybe he gets arrested etc, then we would consider a new thread being OK.

Thanks, appreciate it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.