1. Gator Country Black Friday special!

Stay on top of the football coach search with the Insider Authority on Gator Sports with a special discount!

Now's a great time to join or renew and get up to $20 off your annual subscription! LIMITED QUANTITIES -- for details click here.

A BIG Problem...

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by BengermanV, Dec 31, 2013.

1. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,923
    I'm not that worried about it if he's really 220lbs.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. BengermanV

BengermanV Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +842
    He won't be for long.
  3. DieAGator

Ratings Received:
    +1,923
    if he's really 6'6 220lbs he has a long way to go. It might work out but my guess is he's a beanpole at this point. He could add 3olbs of solid mass and still get pushed all over the field. I'm not saying that because he's fsu, I'm saying it because we've had so many guys recently that come in light and never really gain.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Zepgator

Zepgator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +363
    This sums up the sad state of Florida football. I can't blame Cook one single bit for switching but he should have been more upfront about it and not played us. Get ready for more of these scenarios...
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Lawdog88

Lawdog88 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,181

This is a dumb comment. Really dumb.
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. broncogators

broncogators Member

Ratings Received:
    +74
    going to be a long recruiting year... 4-8 seasons don't sell kids. no matter what we tell these kids every other school is going to ask "what bowl game did UF play in this year?"

recruiting is a dirty game and when you throw in a big truth like that mixed in with other things these 18 year old kids want to hear it's game over.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. jcorb3233

jcorb3233 Member

Ratings Received:
    +33
    The bigger problem to me that has gone overlooked, is that, along with FSU now having 6 of the top 20 recruits in the state and Florida potentially landing 0, UGA has 3 of the top 20. We're losing in-state talent to our biggest conference rival and largest obstacle to getting to Atlanta.

Also, will people please stop saying that "Cook is just one recruit", that "one recruit doesn't make or break a recruiting class", and that "Will Grier is all that matters" all in the same post? Those statements do not go together.
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Jaggator

Jaggator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,203
    Y
    You mean another one headed to the University of Florida State. ;)
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. MyakkaGator

MyakkaGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,597
    I prefer tally vo-tech or clown school U.
  10. mdfgator

mdfgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,476

This is bs too. Our biggest problem is we are not exciting right now, and champ has failed miserably recruiting offensive talent, and it am a fan of his...but this needs to change or we won't get much better. Players win games for the most part.
  11. broncogators

broncogators Member

Ratings Received:
    +74
    If players win games for the most part Texas wouldn't be in the mess they are now. Texas consistently is in the top 5 in recruiting. Players don't win games coaches do, when we don't coach offensive talent no offensive talent is going to come here. It took how many RB injuries for WM to realize Taylor was our best RB?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. wingtee

wingtee Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +784
    Freekin 17 year old kids controlling the world of college football. Controlling the livelihoods of coaches and idiot fans like us.... Lol, got to love it. When will we quit buying in to these kids? Uh maybe never?
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. wingtee

Ratings Received:
    +784
    We try and do the same damn thing. There ain't no rules
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. wingtee

Ratings Received:
    +784
    Bama does
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. DieAGator

Ratings Received:
    +1,923
    Always lots of OL/DL and LBs. 12 OL/DL in this class so far, 2 committed LB , 3 soft commit LBs. The only spots that don't look all-world deep are CB/S. Surprised to see that from Saban, a DB coach.
  16. wingtee

Ratings Received:
    +784
    They will get them too.
  17. DieAGator

Ratings Received:
    +1,923
    Well, interestingly, from 2011 to this moment they have a total of 12 DB commits. Two were JUCOs 2012. 2013 had zero safeties. That's four classes with an average of 3(so far) CB/S. I was surprised when I looked it up.
  18. LAGatorDoc

LAGatorDoc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,251
    2014 looks to be a disaster as of right now. If we can get Holley back in the picture, Adoree Jackson, 2 more elite offensive linemen, 2 elite wide receivers (the one we have now is solid and workable, but come on this is f'in Florida with the elite receivers here...), one elite RB, an elite buck (I wouldn't put all my eggs on the Lo Carter basket, and Featherstone has gone the path of the dark side), one to two LBs (if Ro Po leaves, that means we have 5 LBs on our whole roster who did not end the season with a season ending injury, and currently no LBs committed), Jamal Adams to come back from LSU, and another elite CB (we have one nickel back, one safety who wants to play CB right now, and one really small QB that will play CB for us- yes I remember Haden was a high school QB as well), we may end up meeting most of our needs. It can be done. But Champ, Robinson, Joker and crew have A LOT OF work to do. They spent the last 2 years recruiting players who didn't/won't pan out. Now they have 2-3 months to fix it, but we are in dead period until Jan 15th.
    Looks like they will be working overtime to fix the huge recruiting mess we are now in so that we have enough depth not to fall apart at a position like we did this year, causing us to go 4-8.
  19. LAGatorDoc

LAGatorDoc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,251
    I think part of this is Muschamp's stubbornness. He wanted Lo Carter. He hand picked him and is hand recruiting him. It seems that Featherstone was kind of an afterthought. I say recruit them both and try to keep them both. But heck, what do I know.
  20. gatordee

gatordee Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,788
    this comes down to a group of friends that are highly recruited athletes. for any kid to disrespect a program and a coaching staff the way Cook did, is a kid I can do without. sure! It stings, and we will lose 2 to 4 top recruits because of Cook. But it is not over yet. Let Roper pluck the kids he needs. We have our fair share of athletes on boared and we know for sure WM can coach up the defensive guys and if Roper/new O line coach can follow suit we will be a very good team. For the last 4 years, our offense has had ZERO discipline. Roper WIll bring that here.I do not feel are in as bad of shape as a lot of people here make it out to be.Cook is Great athlete. but be careful. any kid that will mock a program like University of Florida, can be cancer when things do not go his way.Not that that will be the case. but its obvious he is on a pedestal.
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1